ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Naturalisation: Gap in Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

baishakh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Irish Naturalisation: Gap in Stamp 4

Post by baishakh » Wed May 16, 2018 8:33 pm

I have been residing in Ireland for the last 5.5 years and now eligible to apply for the Irish Naturalisation.

Unfortunately, I have a gap in Stamp of 2 weeks i.e. my Stamp 4 expired on 14th April and I renewed it on the 28th April.

Its a pity I was never aware of this and in fact once in Cork the lady in the GNIB told me as long as you register with 4 weeks you are fine. However, now I am preparing for Ireland Naturalisation I see I made a mistake and I should have been more careful and should have applied before the expiry.

Can anyone please advise on this?

ghsherazi
India

Re: Irish Naturalisation: Gap in Stamp 4

Post by ghsherazi » Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 pm

baishakh wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:33 pm
I have been residing in Ireland for the last 5.5 years and now eligible to apply for the Irish Naturalisation.

Unfortunately, I have a gap in Stamp of 2 weeks i.e. my Stamp 4 expired on 14th April and I renewed it on the 28th April.

Its a pity I was never aware of this and in fact once in Cork the lady in the GNIB told me as long as you register with 4 weeks you are fine. However, now I am preparing for Ireland Naturalisation I see I made a mistake and I should have been more careful and should have applied before the expiry.

Can anyone please advise on this?
baishakh@ i am not sure about it but i heard that if somebody have even one day gap in the stamp he needs to repeat whole year but there are more senior users on this site if the can give you answer
thanks Good Luck

JHol
Newly Registered

Post by JHol » Wed May 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Is the gap in April of this year?

baishakh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by baishakh » Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 pm

I had a gap between 14th April 2014 to 28th April 2014. Other than that it is continuous.

Really freaked out about this. Can anyone please suggest what I should do in this case?

mh123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mh123 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:54 am

baishakh wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 pm
I had a gap between 14th April 2014 to 28th April 2014. Other than that it is continuous.

Really freaked out about this. Can anyone please suggest what I should do in this case?
hi baishak ..there is nothing to be woried about there will not be any problem ..law says there should be no gap year prior the date of you made application but as you said ur gap was in 2014 .4 years ago .so you be fine ..

JHol
Newly Registered

Post by JHol » Thu May 17, 2018 7:39 am

There is nothing to worry about then.

I also had a gap of 3 weeks back in 2014 and it did not create any problems.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 am

You're fine - there's no issue.

From the INIS Website
INIS Website wrote:B: Reckonable residence

You must show that you built up enough reckonable residence in the State to be granted citizenship, specifically:

1825 or 1826 days of reckonable residence based on your accumulated permission stamps
This includes 365 or 366 days (1 year) of continuous residence immediately before the date you apply
If you're in doubt, use the calculator here and put in the dates of each of the stamps you have. Start Date & Expiry Date.
http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Natura ... Calculator

baishakh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by baishakh » Thu May 17, 2018 10:29 am

I already put my dates and it shows I am eligible.

Someone told me to include a letter to explain that gap. But I am not sure how I can explain that.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 am

baishakh wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:29 am
I already put my dates and it shows I am eligible.

Someone told me to include a letter to explain that gap. But I am not sure how I can explain that.
Forget about what that someone said - there's no need for any letter to explain the gap.

It's under the 6 weeks absense rule and it wasn't even in the last year so no issues.

Olla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Olla » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:09 am

Hi everyone. I applied for my citizenship in May it’s been 4 months and I have received two letters but a friend of mine was refused because there was gaps in her stamp for 6 months she was unable To get her passport. I have had the same issue there was delay with my passport and had a gap of 3 months with
My stamp but I was registered with the immigration but I didn’t explain that in my application form. They haven’t asked for anything yet but I’m scared my application will be refused. Although I had to wait a whole year to have continuous residence according to the reckoner before applying. My question is do I need to send a letter explaining this gaps even though they are not asking
Thank you

Olla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Olla » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:26 am

Pa

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:10 am

Olla wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:09 am
Hi everyone. I applied for my citizenship in May it’s been 4 months and I have received two letters but a friend of mine was refused because there was gaps in her stamp for 6 months she was unable To get her passport. I have had the same issue there was delay with my passport and had a gap of 3 months with
My stamp but I was registered with the immigration but I didn’t explain that in my application form. They haven’t asked for anything yet but I’m scared my application will be refused. Although I had to wait a whole year to have continuous residence according to the reckoner before applying. My question is do I need to send a letter explaining this gaps even though they are not asking
Thank you
Hi Olla!
Your file is still on initial stage or did you get your second stage letter?

Olla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Olla » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:37 am

Thank you yes I’d back in June. States that my file has proceeded to the second stage. I sent an email day ago but no reply..

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Olla wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:37 am
Thank you yes I’d back in June. States that my file has proceeded to the second stage. I sent an email day ago but no reply..
Hi Olla
its good news for you because your file is initially passed now you are on second Stage so means if something is Gap in your stamp they just inform on the first stage so you already on second stage its looks fine
just Pray for everyone Good Luck

Olla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Olla » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:33 pm

Thank you so much for the prompt feedback

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:47 pm

Hi guys,have a similar question . My partner has a gap of 3 months in her stamp last year . Our mistake that we got an appointment 3 weeks later than the expiry date which she missed as she was sick . By the time we took another appointment and went it was already 3 months delay from original expiry . Since her permit was valid for 2 years but gnib is renewed each year we never thought this would be a problem. The gnib guys did say to us that We have to be prompt always do this time we renewed before expiry
Now we are planning to apply for citizenship for her but when we filled up th calculator based on gnib cards. Now it does say that last 1 year is not complete

Should I wait for this to be complete or there some workaround ? She has 11 months in last 12 months and overall 6 years now with the gap of 3 months last year in between stamps

I guess the answer is oblivious but looking for some other opinion or confirmation