ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Girlfriend lives in Ireland but no Visa.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tomtom2123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Girlfriend lives in Ireland but no Visa.

Post by tomtom2123 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:18 pm

I am an Irish citizen and my girlfriend who is a U.S citizen lives with me in Donegal,Ireland. The thing is that she came here without a visa. She has been living with me for the past 6 months this year and I know it's past the 90 days policy. She applied for a pps number and got it. I don't know why the Social Welfare place gave it to her because they kept on telling that she would need a visa for living here, getting a job or going to school. Now me and her are just worried that she will get deported back to the U.S. She is a really hard worker. But the thing is that she can't find a stable job. All work she can grab right now are child minding jobs.Is there anyway that I can petition her to live here or what can I do. Please we really need help to sort this matter.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Girlfriend lives in Ireland but no Visa.

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:41 pm

None really - except marrying her, moving to NI (or other EU State) and applying for EEA permit.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lingcl
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: Girlfriend lives in Ireland but no Visa.

Post by lingcl » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:10 pm

I overstayed on my student visa to stay with my bf, we got married in Copenhagen and return back to Ireland without any problem at the airport, I got 90days permission to re-register but when we went together for the appointment at the Garda National Immigration Bureau Registration office, they refused to proceed my application due to their suspicious of my overstaying (+They have my GINB card recorded)

I need to apply my permission to stay using route B- http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

This is just for your information.

We will give up on the application as we know that the process will be really long (6-9months) and we probably need a lawyer to help us.