ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB office lost my Eu1 application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jessica uni
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

GNIB office lost my Eu1 application

Post by jessica uni » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi,

I submitted my eu1 application on 11 Nov 2019 by dropping the application directly to the mail box in the gnib office at burge quay. I emailed the EU treaty on 25 Nov 2019 for confirming that they have received my application. They only replied me on 30 Dec 2019, saying they haven't received any application from me.
Anyone have the same situation before ? The gnib office lost the application??

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: GNIB office lost my Eu1 application

Post by littlerr » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:57 am

I have not heard that you can use that box to drop off any applications.

Many years ago the box can be used for re-entry visas (which probably means the box is directed to the visa office instead of EU divisions), but that has been discontinued for many years and I remember there used to be a note on the box saying you cannot use that box for posting applications.

All letters to INIS applications are pre-sorted by An Post prior to being delivered to actual staff members.

jessica uni
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jessica uni » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:01 am

littlerr wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:57 am
I have not heard that you can use that box to drop off any applications.

Many years ago the box can be used for re-entry visas (which probably means the box is directed to the visa office instead of EU divisions), but that has been discontinued for many years and I remember there used to be a note on the box saying you cannot use that box for posting applications.

All letters to INIS applications are pre-sorted by An Post prior to being delivered to actual staff members.
Thanks for your reply.
I dropped the application in the mail box in the gnib office 5 years ago and they received it. I also asked the staff whether I could dropped my EU 1 application to the mail box, and she said yes.

Has this procedure been changed since then ?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:17 am

jessica uni wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:01 am
I dropped the application in the mail box in the gnib office 5 years ago and they received it. I also asked the staff whether I could dropped my EU 1 application to the mail box, and she said yes.

Has this procedure been changed since then ?
I don’t think it’s ‘changed’ but rather it was never supposed to be for this purpose (at least for the last five years). You might be lucky last time because the person who picked up your letter actually reviewed what it is for and delivered it to the correct department, but you can’t rely on that every time.

The receptionist in the Burgh Quay office normally offers no help whatsoever whenever we have any questions, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he/she gives you incorrect information.

If you look at the EU1 form, it says you should post it to a certain address, and it recommends using registered mail. I don’t think it says anywhere that you could simply drop it off into the office by person.

More than likely your letter was picked up by someone in the office who doesn’t know what to do with it, and simply misplaced it.

Just start a new application ASAP and attach a note with the application saying that your first application was not sent by registered mail and seem to be somehow lost. Don’t mention that you used the letter box to drop off your application.