ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Health insurance and travel insurance query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aysha2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Health insurance and travel insurance query

Post by Aysha2018 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:10 am

Hello, my husbands visa was approved after two refusals and he is now in the process of getting ready to come to Ireland.

I am confused about the requirements of the health and travel insurance. Is the health insurance a basic plan to cover hospital stays and is it necessary to continue the plan until he applies for citizenship?

I presume the travel insurance is just to cover his trip from Pakistan to Ireland?

Any help would be great.

RizzaS
Philippines

Re: Health insurance and travel insurance query

Post by RizzaS » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:23 am

Aysha2018 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:10 am
Hello, my husbands visa was approved after two refusals and he is now in the process of getting ready to come to Ireland.

I am confused about the requirements of the health and travel insurance. Is the health insurance a basic plan to cover hospital stays and is it necessary to continue the plan until he applies for citizenship?

I presume the travel insurance is just to cover his trip from Pakistan to Ireland?

Any help would be great.
Yes, travel insurance cover from country of origin is required. If you have a private medical insurance, add his name. He needs it for IRP application.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Health insurance and travel insurance query

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:11 pm

He needs an Irish medical insurance for the duration of his permission in Ireland, until he is naturalised.

He must also have travel insurance which covers from the date of his travel to the date where his local health insurance kicks in.