ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help:Do I have criminal record??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tshwene
Newly Registered
Mood:
Botswana

Help:Do I have criminal record??

Post by Tshwene » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi

What happened is that I once got on the train,tapped the leap card but the machine was not working,so the inspector got in and gave me a ticket for not paying,I argued with him as it wasnt my fault the machine wasn't working,I had lot of money on the card and I asked him to take the fair which he refused and issued a ticket {Fixed payment notice},told me to send my complaint through email.

I did send my complaint but the answer was obvious,they said their machine was working and they can prove it with cctv which I was glad to hear cause it wasnt really working,we were three at the station and we wondered what to do cause it was sunday and their office was closed.This happened on March 2017 until now I havent received anything from them at all.

Cutting story short I applied for residency {Stamp 4) and going through the application many times I think I should have answered yes for number 2 or ??
Will this affect my application :cry: :cry: what should I do? Can I email them and let them know? Please help me.

1.Do you have any convictions in the State or any other country or any civil judgments made against you? Note: Ignore Penalty Points received for Traffic Offences
Yes
No

2.Have you ever been charged/indicted inside or outside the State with a Criminal Offence for which you have not yet been tried in Court?
Yes
No

3.Have you engaged in any other activites that might indicate that you may not be a Person of Good Character?
Yes
No

4.Are you, or have you been, the subject of an investigation in Ireland by an Garda Síochána (Irish Police) including where you were not charged with any offence?
Yes
No

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Re: Help:Do I have criminal record??

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:41 pm

Simple no.
They dont want to know u paid fare or not.
Criminal conviction means any crime where u get court judgement against u.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Help:Do I have criminal record??

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:40 pm

You can fill in an F20 form to request for a copy of your personal data held by Garda. I requested for one after I applied for naturalisation just for fun.

They will send you a letter listing all matters in their system. This includes any criminal record, any police calls made by you and any cases where you are a victim.