ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

History of Travel on EUTR1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cecarder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Supporting Documents for EU Treaty Rights

Post by cecarder » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi, y'all, need some advice!

I came to Ireland 11 February 2019 with my husband (British) to get a spouse visa through EU Treaty Rights. I am American. He is working full-time and we have a place to live. We are kind of nervous about everything going smoothly because of Brexit looming.

It took us a while to set up a bank account because we lacked proof of residence. We are living in a house share at the moment so have very few things that the banks will accept as proof of residence. However, we finally got there with letters from revenue and now have a bank account as of yesterday! The downside is that means we don't have any payslips or bank statements showing proof of income since my husband's company wouldn't pay him until he had a bank account. Because my husband is British and Brexit is looming, we are desperately trying to get our application in asap.

First question is, I have read that you can send in proof after you send in your application as you gain more proof. Is this true? Because we might just send our application and then send in the supporting payslips and bank statements as they come in. My husband gets payslips every 2 weeks, so we will have the payslips and bank statements by the end of April. We can get that form in the application filled out no problem by my husband's employer, so we at least have that proof of income.

Second question is, does anyone know how Brexit will effect everything? As it stands now, it kind of looks like UK is facing a no deal and leaving April 12th. I read that if no deal happens, UK will immediately no longer be in the EU whereas if they have a plan and withdraw 22 May, there will be a transition period until December 2020. I understand that no one really knows what is going to happen, but wanted to see if anyone had an inkling of what would happen in regards to an EU Treaty Rights visa application from a UK citizen and foreign spouse if there is a no deal and Brexit happens 12 April.

Third question is in regards to the part of the application where they ask about expenditures like rent, transport, etc. Do you need to provide evidence of each expenditure? For instance, groceries are kind of hard to provide evidence for just because I've never kept strict count of how much we spend.

I know, lots of questions. We're so nervous about everything. Just want to get our application in but the bank account thing really held us back!!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Supporting Documents for EU Treaty Rights

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Welcome to Ireland!
cecarder wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:33 pm
First question is, I have read that you can send in proof after you send in your application as you gain more proof. Is this true?
That's true but you should do your best sending all proofs with the application. Sending documents after the application is lodged only delays your application and gives them an excuse to give you a hard time on the application.
cecarder wrote:
Second question is, does anyone know how Brexit will effect everything?
As I was watching the third vote on the Withdrawal Agreement being roundly rejected today, and the fact that all indicative votes were turned down by parliament on Wednesday, we can tell you that nobody in the world knows. It's going to be a fun 2 weeks from now.
cecarder wrote:
Third question is in regards to the part of the application where they ask about expenditures like rent, transport, etc. Do you need to provide evidence of each expenditure?
You only provide evidence where they explicitly ask you to. I didn't fill in this application but I don't think they would ask you for details as to how you spend your money. I know in the citizenship application they will try to look through your bank statement to verify that you have daily grocery shopping records in your bank statement to prove you actually live here, but I don't know if it's the same for yours.

And finally for bank accounts, in addition to a local bank account, I applied for an N26 premium account last year, and my girlfriend has a N26 business account. They are a German bank but they have a full banking licence in Ireland and usually approves the application online within 10 minutes. Much easier than getting an appointment in a branch and being interrogated by people who have no idea how immigration system works.
The only reason I'm still keeping my local bank account is so that I can receive bank drafts and personal cheques/checks...

cecarder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cecarder » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Thanks for the responses. I am not sure what to do in this case, then, about sending off my application without the payslips and bank statements. I guess we just have to see how the next week or two go...

As for the bank, we were totally going to do N26!! But my husband's employer refused to pay into anything but an Irish account. Which as I understand is breaking EU law? Oh well, it is said and done now. We think we might still get an N26 account alongside our Irish Bank one, but we will see.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:22 pm

cecarder wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:37 pm
Thanks for the responses. I am not sure what to do in this case, then, about sending off my application without the payslips and bank statements. I guess we just have to see how the next week or two go...

As for the bank, we were totally going to do N26!! But my husband's employer refused to pay into anything but an Irish account. Which as I understand is breaking EU law? Oh well, it is said and done now. We think we might still get an N26 account alongside our Irish Bank one, but we will see.
I had a quick scan through the form http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/form-EUT ... -EUTR1.pdf
I guess you are referring to page 39 where it says 2 recent payslips and bank statements. You do not need to submit all documents in that category. You just need to submit at least one document although the more the better. Since you and your husband only moved here recently, it is impossible for him to have two payslips right away. However, he should have the signed contract which details when the employment starts and how much he earns.

And yes It's an offence not to accept a foreign EEA bank account. The only reason that employers do this is because they have an utterly outdated salary management software, which requires a country code and that has to be IE. Unfortunately a large number of those software providers are still earning money off a software that they wrote 20 years ago.

Having said that, surely you don't want your husband to start his employment by filing a complaint against his employer :)

cecarder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cecarder » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:48 pm

Thanks littler! Yeah, I guess that means for proof of residency, if we have a tenancy agreement and contact details for the landlord, bank statements, and proof of paying rent, we don't need to provide other stuff? We do have a contract stating terms of employment, anyway, so that's great!

Haha yeaaaaah we decided to not worry about his employment not accepting a foreign EEA bank. Starting an employment by filing a complaint is not really how we want to go about things! Just want to get this application in and we'll worry about everything else later. Haha.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:50 pm

Sounds good to me. Good luck on the application and hope for the best for Brexit :)

cecarder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cecarder » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:53 pm

thanks littlerr!! (sorry, misspelled your username last reply). Fingers crossed all goes well :)

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:57 pm

Apply Revolut account from your phone ....it will take only 10 minutes.....they will ask you for docs and verify in other 10 minutes ....and that’s you done.

It has got feature to have account in as many currency as you want which Revolut is supporting.

It has got EU account feature which u need any way which u can use to receive salary in EURO

cecarder
Newly Registered
United States of America

History of Travel on EUTR1

Post by cecarder » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:03 am

When filling out the EUTR1 form, there is a section that asks for what countries you have visited in the last 10 years. I was wondering how I should phrase this?

So, I studied in the UK and had a student visa for one year. During that year, I took a holiday to Prague. Would I list it as:

UK for 1 year (September 2011 to September 2012) for study
Czech Republic for 4 days (6 November 2011 to 10 November 2011) for holiday

Or, would I need to do it like this:

UK for 2 months (September 2011 to November 6 2011) for study
Czech Republic for 4 days (November 6 2011 to November 10 2011) for holiday
UK for 10 months (10 November 2011 to September 2012) for study.

Just to add, those aren't exact dates for my application, just an example.

I didn't know if I needed to break it up like in the second example or if I could just state how long my studies would be and what days I left the UK to go visit other countries for holidays.

I hope this makes sense. Just want to make sure I have it right when I send it off.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: History of Travel on EUTR1

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:06 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Either way should work. They are not that strict. It's just an indication of where you have been and how long you have been there. Nobody is going to give you a hard time whichever way you write them.

As a Chinese national I need to apply for visa for almost every country I visit. These are the kind of common questions every immigration authority asks. At first I tried to be very accurate, but soon afterwards I lost count. I travel for business and leisure more than 10 times a year. There's no way for me to remember all the dates and places (and some of them like UK and US don't even have immigration stamps when you leave the country).

cecarder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cecarder » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:19 pm

Awesome, thanks again littlerr! You are saving my life 😂 I traveled a lot over 10 years and know that some of the dates I am not entirely sure of (like visiting US and not getting a date - totally was relying on my passport to tell me where and when I have been). Thanks so much! I don't envy you having to go through the whole visa process so much and remember all that. Good to know it isn't that strict.

sembe
Mood:

Post by sembe » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:47 pm

cecarder wrote:

Second question is, does anyone know how Brexit will effect everything? As it stands now, it kind of looks like UK is facing a no deal and leaving April 12th. I read that if no deal happens, UK will immediately no longer be in the EU whereas if they have a plan and withdraw 22 May, there will be a transition period until December 2020. I understand that no one really knows what is going to happen, but wanted to see if anyone had an inkling of what would happen in regards to an EU Treaty Rights visa application from a UK citizen and foreign spouse if there is a no deal and Brexit happens 12 April.
This info should ease you mind about Brexit and the drum sounds of No-deal.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... izens.html

Quote from that link below go like this....
The right of UK citizens to live in Ireland derives from Irish law. UK citizens also have rights under the EU freedom of movement legislation. These rules do not expand the rights of UK citizens themselves (since their rights are more extensive than those of other EU citizens) but they may be relevant for the family members of UK citizens living in Ireland. Family members of UK citizens who are not themselves EU citizens may be able to move to Ireland to live with them.
Also, it is worth to know that none of the schemes implemented so far in the UK for Citizens of EU/EEA does not include Irish citizens who are based in the UK. In part that is because UK and Ireland have separate agreement know as The Common Travel Area (CTA).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rexit-deal

Today's good news:

Quote from the link below go like this....
Irish citizens living in Britain and British citizens living in Ireland will not have to take any action to protect their existing rights in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Tánaiste Simon Coveney said a new bilateral arrangement between the UK and Ireland to protect the Common Travel Area (CTA), in existence since the 1920s, is “ready to go”.

The CTA predates both Ireland and the UK’s EU membership and confers reciprocal rights and privileges on citizens of both countries living in each other’s jurisdictions.

These include the freedom for Irish citizens to live, work, and study in the UK on the same basis as UK citizens, with the same rights reciprocated for UK citizens living in Ireland. It also covers access to healthcare, education and social benefits, such as pensions.

The new arrangement will take effect in all Brexit scenarios – in the event of a deal and also in the event of no-deal.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.3759216

Summing up, get all your forms and as much supporting documents as possible and submit your application before April 12th. Due to the fact you are already in Ireland, don't worry about Brexit. I do not see you will be affected by it in any way: deal or no-deal.

cecarder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cecarder » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:51 pm

Thank you so much, sembe!!! That does put my mind at ease. I almost have everything to send off, but I will have it all by Saturday so my plan is to send off my application and documents this Saturday. I haven't been this stressed in a very long time. This is great news. Thanks again!