ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing assistant payment

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DublinGirl

Housing assistant payment

Post by DublinGirl » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:42 pm

I am naturalized irish citizen and my wife and son just applied for citizenship on my base. i am unable to pay rent its too high i was told by citizens info that i am eligible for HAP as i have 2 kids and house wife. My question is will it be bad for their applications? Will they delay or refuse and if we get HAP does my wife needs to write to dept regarding HAP? THANKS

Obie
Ireland

Re: Housing assistant payment

Post by Obie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:50 pm

You as an Irish citizens cannot be restricted from claiming. Provided of course you wife is excluded from it.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

DublinGirl

Post by DublinGirl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 am

Hi Obie thanks for your reply but can you tell me obviously my wife name and son will go on that HAP applications form they will be in the HAP system still will they be fine with citizenship dept because certainly citizenship dept will know that my wife and son are receiving the Housing assistance payment. Thankyou all

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:35 pm

U should read the name again "housing Assistant Payment" and then pay attention on "Assistant".

HAP is to help families in difficult time and if ur eligible then no matter what, it's for u. They might ask u questions but they cant refuse any application related to any HAP, Social or any other Government funded programs.

U get help when u qualify for or if its means tested. So ur good to go.

Remember you pay taxes that's why ur entitle for these help. So claim what ever u want without any fear.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:38 pm

your kids and wife are also entitled if they qualify even if ur wife applies on her name. It's her right.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen: