Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

how long do I have once I enter Ireland to apply for my EU 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:49 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland

how long do I have once I enter Ireland to apply for my EU 1

Post by melo_dd » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:20 pm

I am an American recently married to a Swede. We arrived in Dublin a month ago today. I entered the country with the intention of applying for the EU 1. At the airport when I arrived, the immigration officer gave me a stamp in my passport for one month stay. He told us that after my husband secures a job, bring our paperwork down to the immigration office and register. When we did that, they said they couldnt help us until MY EU 1 was approved so I never got my one month stamp extended.
I have my EU 1 form filled out and ready to send off, and have just relized I do not have my birth certificate. It is lost and I have to now order a new one, which will take 6 weeks. Will I be here illigally now?

Do you know how long I have after I arrive to apply for the EU 1?
Do you have any information?

Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:07 am
Location: Galway, Ireland

Post by tomasmv » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:58 pm

we once went to the garda immigration office and they extended us the passport turist visa for 3 more month, then we presented our EU1 Form and they told us that after that it was ok and we didnt need to upgrade the passport one untill we get the EU1 Form reply...

Posts: 1238
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:59 am
Location: Dublin

Post by archigabe » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:58 am

Hi, I applied for the EU1 around 4months ago.I don't thing you are required to submit your birth certificate.Just your wedding certificate,passports, and docs to support evidence of a relationship.
Good Luck!