ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take to get a new IRP card after renewal (outside of Dublin)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

How long does it take to get a new IRP card after renewal (outside of Dublin)

Post by siseñor » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi,

When you need to renew the IRP card, do you get it on the same day as your appointment nowadays (outside of Dublin)? I remember in Dublin before the pandemic you get it straight away (i.e. same day as appointment), but I'd like to know if it's the same day or a different day outside of Dublin these days.

Thank you.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: How long does it take to get a new IRP card after renewal (outside of Dublin)

Post by littlerr » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:56 pm

No. That was long long time ago. Dublin or not, you receive your card in the post, as all IRP cards are printed in a central location and then mailed out to you (or to your local Garda station in some cases).

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Re: How long does it take to get a new IRP card after renewal (outside of Dublin)

Post by siseñor » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:36 am

Thank you littlerr for the helpful response (as usual!).

From your experience, do you know how long it would take approximately to get the new card? My appointment to renew the IRP is at the end of September and I'm trying to book flights after this date but not sure how long after. Is applying for a re-entry visa a safer/better option?