ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get bankers draft in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

How to get bankers draft in Ireland

Post by Delacruz007 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:42 am

Hi guys,
So I applied for citizenship in 2018 and I got my letter few days ago to pay €950. I live in NI. I’ve been having issues getting my bankers draft with banks here. So my question is, can I get a bankers draft in Ireland post office considering letterkenny and Buncrana is very close to me. If yes, do I go with cash or will they take it off my card. Any suggestions will be welcome as I have no time on my hands considering letter arrived late and I have little or no time left on the 10days grace.
Thank you all

nojoyfrominis

Re: How to get bankers draft in Ireland

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:36 am

You need to have a bank account in republic to get a draft. You cannot walk-in with cash and take draft.
Check earlier posts, someone posted info on which banks do euro draft in north.

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:04 pm

Danske bank does bankers draft in euro for Ireland in Northern Ireland. I had the same issue paying my application fee and checked with a number of banks in Belfast. I don't have an account with them but a friend of mine does, so we went to the bank and they issued the draft, I transferred money to friends account, that was it.
Before finding a solution to that I emailed to inis asking how I could pay in Northern Ireland if there seem to be no banks issuing bankers drafts in euro for Ireland anymore. The reply was: "A decision has been made to
allow you to submit the payment in the form of an An Post Postal Order which can be obtained from any Post Office in the Republic. The postal order should be made payable to Secretary General, Department of Justice
and Equality" "You do not personally have to purchase the postal order".

I would advise to try and get it from Danske bank or email inis to ask if An Post Postal Order will be accepted.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:41 pm

Makes sense. If inis allows, you can purchase postal order from any post office in republic with cash

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:40 pm

inis website said they wouldn't accept postal order so before going that route ask if they would accept it. I thought it maybe was an exception for NI residents.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:36 pm

Postal orders are acceptable if they are from Northern Irish applicants. There have been quite a few posts on this in the past.

However, there’s no harm getting an email confirmation from INIS. You can also try calling them this Thursday.

If you are in a rush and they haven’t come back to you, just get a postal order.

Alternatively if you have any friend in the south, ask them to get a bank draft for you.