ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration office not open?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

a_mck
Newly Registered
Ireland

Immigration office not open?

Post by a_mck » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi,

Is anyone in the same situation as me or could offer advice on what to do next? The Garda station my husband needs to get his stamp 4 from is one of the 2 that hasn’t opened up yet. We are not sure what to do next, I’ve spoken to the immigration officer who has told me “he is awaiting guidance for renewals only and won’t be doing first time registration in the future and isn’t sure what is going to happen.” So I’ve emailed 2 other Garda stations who keep redirecting me back to the one that is closed and I’ve also contacted the divisional headquarters for advice who have told me that it’s up to the immigration officer to make sure everyone in their district is registered before the extension period ends on the permissions. Since then I’ve contacted the Garda station several times and they are now not replying to my emails! I’ve no idea what to do, should we get a lawyer or contact our TD? Or keep pestering the station until we get a reply? It’s very frustrating that my husband can’t get his stamp 4 at another station that is nearby :/