ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INCORRECT STAMP ON MY IRP CARD

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sherrynd
Newly Registered
Ireland

INCORRECT STAMP ON MY IRP CARD

Post by Sherrynd » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:08 am

I have just received both my passport and IRP Card in these past few days. I applied through the new online system for an IRP Card renewal. The stamp that I received on my passport is a stamp 4 but when my IRP Card arrived it was stamp 1. I do not know what to do next and how should I contact the registration office for a correction. Which one of the stamps should be the correct one?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: INCORRECT STAMP ON MY IRP CARD

Post by Vorona » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:37 am

Ring or email to them with an explanation. Errors happen. It will be amended for free.
Type of the stamp depend on your circumstances. You would know it better than anyone else.

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:10 am

How many years renewal did you get? Usually Stamp4 is for 2 years..But I got only for an year ..is that the case now ?

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:27 am

Yes, you’d need to contact them about this like the above poster said.

I had a stamp 1 given when it should’ve been a stamp 4. Brought it up at my local Garda immigration bureau and the officer re-issued a stamp 4 for 1 year. Didn’t enquire about anything for 2 years. Just accepted it as the norm and applied for citizenship.