Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Inform INIS about separation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:37 pm

Inform INIS about separation

Post by Aneelakhan1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Hello I am new user I have I think to ask I married with eu we were living together about 4.5 years together but now things are changed she moved out different house still in Ireland my lower says to submit form 3 while living together she is still your wife what's your opinion about it

Senior Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:58 am

Re: Inform INIS about separation

Post by max307 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:29 pm

I would get a second opinion because I think the advise from your lawyer isn't right, see below:

"An application for an EU3 Permanent Residence Card which is made on the basis of retained rights will not be accepted unless the non-EEA national applicant has already been approved for the retention of their Residence Card on an individual basis.

An Application for the Retention of a Residence Card can be made on Form EU5. Retention of a Residence Card is required where the EU citizen of whom the non-EEA national is a family member has died or departed from the State, or in the event of the divorce or annulment of marriage between the non-EEA national and the EU citizen."
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Inform INIS about separation

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:29 pm

i think its bad advice from your solicitor.. reason.. Assume you submit EU3 application and you get positive result.. now will she be fine to go with you to GNIB for your stamp??

Post Reply