ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Intra-Company Transfer Permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nonEUwife
Newly Registered

Intra-Company Transfer Permit

Post by nonEUwife » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:57 pm

Does anyone know about Intra-Company Transfer Permits?

I found this guide on them: http://www.entemp.ie/publications/labou ... ideict.pdf

It says spouses can work once they are legally resident in the state. So, I'm guessing this is no help to my husband and I, but thought I'd see if anyone else here has gone this route.

He's EU, I'm American, we live in US, he has US greencard. His American company is transferring him to Ireland.

cantaro

Re: Intra-Company Transfer Permit

Post by cantaro » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:06 am

nonEUwife wrote:He's EU, I'm American, we live in US, he has US greencard. His American company is transferring him to Ireland.
Hello nonEUwife,

if your husband is an EU national, he can enter Ireland and work there with no special requirements as long as his passport is valid. Whether he gets transferred internally by his company becomes irrelevant, then. Your situation, however, will be that of many forum posters applying for residence via the EU1 form, which takes months and you may get refused if you have not previously resided in another EU country, even though not only in my understanding the relevant EU directive would not allow for such refusal. Please see the many threads in this forum for more information.

nonEUwife
Newly Registered

Post by nonEUwife » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:12 am

Thanks Cantaro - We have been following the threads, and thank goodness we found them before transferring. I have not lived in another EU country. I just didn't know if being transferred would help our case in any way. I guess it's just wishful thinking. :)