ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation for purposes of obtaining Irish visa by a non-EU citizen residing in Northern Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

input-output
Armenia

Invitation for purposes of obtaining Irish visa by a non-EU citizen residing in Northern Ireland

Post by input-output » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:50 pm

This is a long-shot but did someone obtain Irish visa from Northern Ireland? I assume that a visit to London embassy of Ireland is still a requirement? Any first-hand experience please?

Thank you

honda99
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Invitation for purposes of obtaining Irish visa by a non-EU citizen residing in Northern Ireland

Post by honda99 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:53 pm

if it's a tourist C visa that you require you don't need to travel to london, just send your passport with the required documentation and it will be posted back to you.

I just got a multiply vist visa for my wife which is valid for 18 months, it took just under a month to get it.

input-output
Armenia

Re: Invitation for purposes of obtaining Irish visa by a non-EU citizen residing in Northern Ireland

Post by input-output » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:39 pm

honda99 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:53 pm
if it's a tourist C visa that you require you don't need to travel to london, just send your passport with the required documentation and it will be posted back to you.

I just got a multiply vist visa for my wife which is valid for 18 months, it took just under a month to get it.
wow, thank you for sharing your positive experience!
A have a few questions, if I may:

1.Is it correct that visas are issued free of charge to spouses of Irish citizens? What about dependent non-EU family members of Irish citizens?
2. A letter of invitation is necessary but how one presents 'we will be travelling to Ireland a number of times but with no specific date at this point'? In other words, were you very specific on dates/travel occasions?
3. The 'inviting' irish citizen resides in NI and will be taking a non-EU spouse to Ireland to visit their friends. WOuld that technically make 'friends' an inviting party? If reelvant, how did you handle this?

Thank you kindly!

honda99
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by honda99 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:39 pm

input-output wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:39 pm
honda99 wrote:

1.Is it correct that visas are issued free of charge to spouses of Irish citizens? What about dependent non-EU family members of Irish citizens?
2. A letter of invitation is necessary but how one presents 'we will be travelling to Ireland a number of times but with no specific date at this point'? In other words, were you very specific on dates/travel occasions?
3. The 'inviting' irish citizen resides in NI and will be taking a non-EU spouse to Ireland to visit their friends. WOuld that technically make 'friends' an inviting party? If reelvant, how did you handle this?

Thank you kindly!
1. Yes the visa is free if your a spouse of an Irish citizen, i'm Irish and my wife is non-eu

2. My wife and i are travelling to her home country in Asia and we found that by flying from Dublin the flights were so much better and cheaper than flying from Belfast so my wife just wrote a letter explaining that we needed a multiple visa so we could travel in and out of Dublin airport, also i asked if the length of visa could be a year or over as in a few months we want to travel to my family in cork. i did send them flight resevations but i didn't say when we will travel to cork.

I just sent a letter from myself also explaining what my wife needs the visa for and that i will be financially covering the trip as my wife isn't working due to having to take care of our Irish child, also our child will be travelling with us.

The documents that we sent were my wife passport and 2 out of date passports
My wifes pre-settled status card
6 months of bank statements from me and my wife
3 months of my payslips
our flight bookings
A pre-paid special delivery envelope for return of passport
Marriage certificate
A copy of my passport page
A copy of our daughters passport page
1 picture of my wife

That was about it hope it helps

input-output
Armenia

Post by input-output » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:20 pm

honda99 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:39 pm
input-output wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:39 pm
honda99 wrote:

Thank you kindly!
1. Yes the visa is free if your a spouse of an Irish citizen, i'm Irish and my wife is non-eu

2. My wife and i are travelling to her home country in Asia and we found that by flying from Dublin the flights were so much better and cheaper than flying from Belfast so my wife just wrote a letter explaining that we needed a multiple visa so we could travel in and out of Dublin airport, also i asked if the length of visa could be a year or over as in a few months we want to travel to my family in cork. i did send them flight resevations but i didn't say when we will travel to cork.

I just sent a letter from myself also explaining what my wife needs the visa for and that i will be financially covering the trip as my wife isn't working due to having to take care of our Irish child, also our child will be travelling with us.

The documents that we sent were my wife passport and 2 out of date passports
My wifes pre-settled status card
6 months of bank statements from me and my wife
3 months of my payslips
our flight bookings
A pre-paid special delivery envelope for return of passport
Marriage certificate
A copy of my passport page
A copy of our daughters passport page
1 picture of my wife

That was about it hope it helps
Hi mate, thank you for this

would it be possible to ask you for a template of the letter?