ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland Re-Entry

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dan01
Newly Registered

Ireland Re-Entry

Post by Dan01 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:55 pm

I realize that as a Canadian citizen, I don't need a tourist visa for the Republic of Ireland for a stay of less than 3 months...but what if I want to stay for longer? I would likely have enough money to travel throughout Ireland for about 12 months. If I went this route (instead of a WHV which I can do..) I would have no intention of working illegally.

Do I just apply for an extension with Garda National Immigration Bureau in Dublin or a local Garda District Headquarters?

If so, how long might the extension be for?
Would I just keep getting extensions...assuming I have all the right documents and can prove that I can support myself financially?

Magenta
Newly Registered

answer

Post by Magenta » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:18 pm

hi there,

Ihavent got the full answer for you, but here is the direct line of the Co. Louth GNIB office in ireland, they might be able to advise you.

direct from cananda 00353 41 9874200, if the offcie is closed the main police desk might answer it, just ask when is the GNIB offcie is open.