ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland's Green Card and Work Visa confusion ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maverick_m
Newly Registered

Ireland's Green Card and Work Visa confusion ?

Post by maverick_m » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:33 am

Hi ,
:?:
I am an IT professioan in Ireland , holding ICT Professional Visa.

I have heard alots of confusing things about this new Green Card system , I jsut want to confirm and ask about it.

Will it replace Work Permits or for Work Visa or both?
and who can apply for it ? Can I apply for it ? What benifits I will get after getting Green Card ?

And one more important thing.., After getting Green Card , is it true that I will be obliged to work for 2 years for my company who will get me Green Card ? :?

Thanks,
Maverick

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:13 pm

Everything can be found here:

http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits/

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:37 pm

No offense ... but this one belongs in our Ireland forum.

And So it Is Moved .... ;-)

the Admin

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Ireland's Green Card and Work Visa confusion ?

Post by mktsoi » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:38 pm

maverick_m wrote:Hi ,
:?:
I am an IT professioan in Ireland , holding ICT Professional Visa.

I have heard alots of confusing things about this new Green Card system , I jsut want to confirm and ask about it.

Will it replace Work Permits or for Work Visa or both?
and who can apply for it ? Can I apply for it ? What benifits I will get after getting Green Card ?

And one more important thing.., After getting Green Card , is it true that I will be obliged to work for 2 years for my company who will get me Green Card ? :?

Thanks,
Maverick
maverick

if i were you, stay on your work visa because the green card system from department of enterprise is not very good. in an other word to say it. it is a money making scam for dept of enterprise. the work visa you have, it will allow you to change to any employer as you wish without applying for a new work visa for 2 years, but the new green card, you have to apply every time when you want to change job. it cost about a thousand euro to apply and every time when you change, you have to pay and apply. in an other word to say it. this is a more expensive work permit system.

it also said that 2 years after the green card. the applicant will allow permanent residence in ireland. i asked the dept of enterprise. they do not even have info on that, they just told me to contact dept of justice.

so you better a lot more checking before you switch to it. good luck!

thx