ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRISH CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lordoftherings
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRISH CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Post by Lordoftherings » Tue May 25, 2021 3:56 am

Hello Everyone,

Assuming you all keeping well. Well I just want to get a few insights in relation to my application for naturalisation.

I applied for citizenship in January 2019 and eventually got the first and second stages letters between that time and July 2020. Since then heard nothing , so have been in contact with the citizenship office and to cut a long story short thier last email mentioned my case in an advanced stage. However I recently requested for all documentation on record in relation to my file under the FOI Act 2014 using my lawyer and they supplied all documents last week. My file was reviewed by the lawyers and it was stated the delay on my file is unlawful .

My lawyer wants to use a mandamos to compel the minister to issue a decision in the weeks ahead.

However I understand the citizenship office has to start issuing the second set of approved decisions before end of June as stated by the minister. So just wanting to be a bit patient and see what happens before taking any legal proceedings.

Any thoughts and advice is welcomed.

All the best of luck

maguis
Brazil

Re: IRISH CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Post by maguis » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:41 pm

Hi! Just wondering if what did you decided to do in the end. I am reaching a similar stage with my process and would love to learn from your experience. Thanks