ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship help with foreign offence issue

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Irish citizenship help with foreign offence issue

Post by broli » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I got fined for late registration in india i registered 18 days late after entering the country so 4 days late .

I was fined 20 dollars and it's written on my passport : "Penality for belated registration 20 dollars fine paid"

now i am not sure i should select that i did an offense abroad as late registration is an offence in ireland

I didn't go to court

As per research on India registration-requirements-foreign-national

Late Registration:

No fee is charged for registration, but a foreigner who has delayed registration and if delay is condoned, a penalty in Indian currency equivalent to US$ 30/- for late registration may be charged.

In the event of overstay foreigner is liable for prosecution under Foreigners Act 1946 and imprisonment up to 5 years with fine & expulsion from India.

so only overstay look like an offense to me ..

Thanks

Please i need your help as i am applying this week

Regards.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish citizenship help with foreign offence issue

Post by broli » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Also this question should i say YES or NO

11.6 HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CHARGED / INDICTED INSIDE OR
OUTSIDE THE STATE WITH A CRIMINAL OFFENCE FOR
WHICH YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN TRIED IN COURT?

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:19 pm

broli wrote:Also this question should i say YES or NO

WHICH YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN TRIED IN COURT?

YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN TRIED IN COURT?

Sounds like this is for someone who is supposed to go to court as a result of an offence (in the future) and is not for those who are not supposed to do so.

I remember my lawyer saying to me once Quote/Unquote ''Never commit an offence and go to the court''. This delays the citizenship application. She also said that normal penalty points and fines are okay and they don't matter. This was in 2014 though. Not sure about the situation now.

It should be okay, if you never went to the court, however, you can always double-check with others.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:56 pm

Thank you

what about this question

WHICH YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN TRIED IN COURT? YES / NO

As i say paid late registration fees in India it is written on my passport ""Penality for belated registration 20 dollars fine paid"" I don't even know if this an offense in india .

Do you guys think i should also select NO despite this note in my passport ?

Thanks

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:22 pm

Just an additional note my concern is i don;t know if this considered an offence for irish Justice department

i Checked Indian websites they call it late registration fine.

Please guys i need you opinions on this , i am thinking of meeting a lawyer too even though 2 lawyers i have met in ireland caused me to do mistakes so far which is sad.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:46 pm

As far as I think, the answer to the question is definitely ''No''.
As regards having the late registration fine written in the passport, I think it might be worth mentioning this in you ''cover note'' and you can let them know that you did not have to appear in the court for this. I don't think they are going to go in details, as people do pay fine(s) in Ireland and the maximum that they get asked for is the proof of payment of that fine. If you have a proof, you might want to attach that with your cover note. That's the only suggestion that I can give.
One of my friends got chased by Garda in the past. He had to appear in the court as well because he got a bit too ''fast and furious'' while making the guards chase him :D
He had to pay a fine and kept the receipt with him. He was asked for proof of payment when he applied for naturalisation, he provided it and got his application approved.
I was once stopped by the UKBA during my transit, as I did not have a valid visa for the UK. I mentioned this in my cover note and got 2 years visa. I think that the immigration officers keep dealing with such issues and it's quite normal.
Also, you're right in saying that a lot of lawyers only know as much as we know and many of them can even misguide you.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:55 am

Thank you Alix

Actually i copied the wrong question : below here is the question i wanted some ideas it doesn't talk about court but just offences so i'm wondering if with fine for late registration 7 years ago in India if i should put YES OR NO for this question thanks.

11.1 HAVE YOU EVER COMMITTED ANY OFFENCES
AGAINST THE LAWS OF IRELAND OR ANY
OVERSEAS COUNTRY?

Actually i applied last week i am thinking of withdrawing my application if this is a raw mistake.

Also if i withdraw i know i'll lose the money but will they return all document so that can use them again.

thanks guys ! more contribution please :mrgreen:

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:54 am

broli do you not see that your over analysing that?

send them a cover letter in register post explain in 5 line paragraph that you had this incident in India at the time of filling up the application you couldn't conclude that if this was material and relevant to the application or not however just for clarity and transparency you would like to disclose that info to the citizenship office to decide its materiality and relevancy to the appellation.

you write above and your sorted may also get you some points for goin above and beyond for fairness and ethical stand

''withdrawing your application'' boy you ''muh'' be outa your mind :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and remember stress leads to anxiety which impair the brain no matter how big is the prize but it shouldn't be at the cost of your mental health.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:01 am

Lol Thanks Mal for replying

Yes i am an over-thinker it helps me for my JOB always Top performer :mrgreen: and that's could make my life and health difficult ..lol i will write a good cover letter and send it to them.

Thank you all guys i appreciate it :mrgreen:

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Mal111 wrote:

send them a cover letter in register post explain in 5 line paragraph that you had this incident in India at the time of filling up the application you couldn't conclude that if this was material and relevant to the application or not however just for clarity and transparency you would like to disclose that info to the citizenship office to decide its materiality and relevancy to the appellation.
Exactly! Thumbs up!

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:48 pm

broli wrote:
Yes i am an over-thinker it helps me for my JOB always Top performer :mrgreen: and that's could make my life and health difficult :mrgreen:
LOL! Broli The Bro! :D

srinidhi82
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srinidhi82 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 pm

broli wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:01 am
Lol Thanks Mal for replying

Yes i am an over-thinker it helps me for my JOB always Top performer :mrgreen: and that's could make my life and health difficult ..lol i will write a good cover letter and send it to them.

Hi, whats happened with ur application, i have got a speeding ticket once in ireland i got 3 penalty points for that so for question 11.1 i tick YES and write them a cover note explaining the offense and also attach the receipt i paid as fine ?
Thank you all guys i appreciate it :mrgreen:

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 am

Hi Friend,

I am still waiting ..

But i think our case are totally different create a new Thread to get help many people had similar issues here not sure if they are still around.