ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship Query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

suvendudesigner
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Irish Citizenship Query

Post by suvendudesigner » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:34 pm

Hello Team,

I recently submitted all my documents for Irish Nationality and Citizenship. I would like to inquire if my wife can apply separately, considering she currently holds a Stamp 1G. Below are her stamping details. Additionally, please advise if any supportive dependent documents need to be attached, such as our Marriage Certificate, my IRP card details, my passport, my P60, and my Employment Detail summary. She is applying as a dependent applicant separately, as my application has already been posted.

Furthermore, I have a question regarding our tenancy agreement from October 2016 to March 2018. During that time, only my name was mentioned, and my wife's name was not mentioned. Can we include this document as proof of residence? We also have electricity bills with both of our names in that time period.

Thank you for your guidance. I would greatly appreciate your response.

Kind regards
Suvendu

From To Stamp
21/11/2016 21/11/2017 Stamp 3
19/09/2017 09/10/2018 Stamp 3
17/05/2018 17/05/2019 Stamp 3
07/03/2019 07/03/2021 Stamp 1
22/02/2021 19/02/2023 Stamp 1G
19/02/2023 19/02/2024 Stamp 1G

meself2
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship Query

Post by meself2 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:43 pm

suvendudesigner wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:34 pm
I would like to inquire if my wife can apply separately, considering she currently holds a Stamp 1G.
It is reckonable residence, so yes.
suvendudesigner wrote:
Additionally, please advise if any supportive dependent documents need to be attached, such as our Marriage Certificate, my IRP card details, my passport, my P60, and my Employment Detail summary. She is applying as a dependent applicant separately, as my application has already been posted.
There is no dependent concept for citizenship applications for adults. You apply on your own merit and so does she. She'd have to apply using her own/joint documentation. No need for your documents.
suvendudesigner wrote:
Furthermore, I have a question regarding our tenancy agreement from October 2016 to March 2018. During that time, only my name was mentioned, and my wife's name was not mentioned. Can we include this document as proof of residence? We also have electricity bills with both of our names in that time period.
You can try, but I would lean towards seeking better options for better years - you can use any 5 years out of last. (except one before applying), see https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... cument.pdf
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

suvendudesigner
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by suvendudesigner » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:30 pm

Dear Team,

Hope you are doing well

This is regarding my application, I posted all my documents for Citizenship on 12th June 2023 and it was received from the department on 13th June 2023.
Till now I am waiting for my application acknowledgment no., any suggestions on this? when I will get the confirm acknowledgment no.

Thanks & Regards
Suvendu

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:10 am

suvendudesigner wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:30 pm
when I will get the confirm acknowledgment no.
There's no set timelines.
They don't send you acknowledgement as soon as your documents are delivered - be patient.

I waited for six months; it should be a bit faster now but give it 2-3 months at least.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

suvendudesigner
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by suvendudesigner » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:39 am

thank you so much

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:56 pm

Have a read at the timeline thread ireland/2023-citizenship-applications-t ... 34775.html
You will see that some people got their acknowledgment in 2 weeks; some got them in 6 months. There is no set date or pattern unfortunately.

suvendudesigner
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by suvendudesigner » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:39 pm

Dear Team,

I got a list of Peace Commissioner in Dublin 15 from Department of Justice email.
Today I got verified all the documents from the Peace Commissioner. One thing want to know in the Form 8-page no, 16 - "Certified copy of passport "page have one box for "stamp of certified", but the Peace Commissioner told me that she don't have stamp and Peace Commissioner not allowed stamp.
But she mentioned in every page that this is true copy by hand written.

It that OK? if Peace Commissioner not stamp the page no. 16 (stamp of certified) where "Stamp of certifier" mentioned.

Please confirm, so that I can submit the citizenship form.

Form 8

Thanks & Regards
Suvendu

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:24 pm

That is correct and it is fine.

suvendudesigner
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by suvendudesigner » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:32 pm

Thank you for confirmation

suvendudesigner
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by suvendudesigner » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:51 am

Dear Team,
Could you please provide further clarification on the following statement? I am planning a vacation to India, and I want to make sure I understand the situation correctly. If, during my absence, I receive a request for additional documents from a member of the Minister for Justice's office, and I inadvertently miss this request, will I have the option to reopen the application? Can I do so by paying a fee of €175, using the same application reference number and starting from the application's current status? Or would I need to initiate an entirely new application from the beginning? I would appreciate a detailed explanation of this process.

The statement in question is as follows:

"If the required documentation is not received within 28 days, it will be assumed that you are no longer interested in pursuing your application, and it may be considered abandoned. In the event that your application is deemed abandoned, you will have the opportunity to submit a new application. This new application must be accompanied by the statutory application fee (which is currently €175) and the aforementioned requested documentation."

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Suvendu

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:56 am

If you do not reply to the Minister within the timeframe, your application may be put on hold or be rejected.
If it is put on hold, you can resume the application by replying to the Minister; if your application is rejected, you will have to start a brand new application.

suvendudesigner
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by suvendudesigner » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:37 am

Dear team,

In my Citizenship case, I have submitted the document they are asking me within 28 days, and they also acknowledge the receipt of all the documents. What is the next step after this?

Thanks & Regards
Suvendu

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:42 am

You wait to hear back. They might ask you for more documents, may progress you further...you don't know until they reach out.

Next step is supposed to be eVetting, so wait for an email in your mailbox; they could ask you for more documents in writing though.

Also, don't post your full name here - it's a public forum.

suvendudesigner
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by suvendudesigner » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:20 am

thank you for quick response.

For eVetting they will post me a letter to check my email box or suddenly they email me?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:21 am

suvendudesigner wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:20 am
thank you for quick response.

For eVetting they will post me a letter to check my email box or suddenly they email me?
eVetting is email (first from ISD, then from Garda); then approval (or refusal) should come by post.