ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRISH HOLIDAY VISIT VISA

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ldee
Mood:
Zimbabwe

IRISH HOLIDAY VISIT VISA

Post by Ldee » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi,
Can you please help me, I'm in the process of applying for an Irish Visa for the purpose of travelling to Ireland for a holiday. Currently, I've indefinite leave to remain in Uk with a refugee CTD Conventional Travel Document. I have done research on the Irish embassy website and learned that a Visit visa is required if one possesses a Conventional Travel Document.

From the Visit_Visa_Checklist they require one to provide certain documents and my concern regards to the first point of section 10. Self-Employed as shown here: Image

The full document in question can be accessed here: https://www.dfa.ie/media/missions/great ... n_2018.pdf

I'm able to provide the rest of the documents listed in blue with except the one in red.

10. Self-Employed:
You must provide documentary evidence of your business/company in the form of:

 An original, signed and dated letter of headed paper from your solicitor/accountant/tax consultant
 Recent correspondence relating to your self-employment from the Inland Revenue
 The original letter of incorporation
 Up-to-date bank statements for your business bank account covering the 3 month period immediately
prior to your application
 Photocopies of any original document that you want to be returned to you

My question is will my application be accepted without the point in red?
Any advice on this will greatly be appreciated.

Best regards.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: IRISH HOLIDAY VISIT VISA

Post by shpirtshqipe » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:42 pm

is your business registered with Companies House?

If Yes who registered the company?

Ldee
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Ldee » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi,
Yes, my business is registered with Companies House, I have a Certificate of Incorporation with all the details relating to my company. Also, I have documentation from HMRC with corporation Tax information.

I registered the company myself and was issued with a UTR number.

Regards

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:48 am

Providing those documentary evidence and a cover letter explaining you’ve registered the company yourself without representation from a solicitor or accountant should suffice.

In addition to this if you’ve used an accountant to workout your end of year tax returns ready for submission, ask them to also write a letter confirming your business filings. Again include an explanation in your cover letter

Best of luck

Ldee
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Ldee » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:39 am

Thank you for the prompt response, I'll write a cover letter stating what you have advised provided I set up the company myself without any representation from a solicitor or accountant.

Also the end of year tax return I was going to do a self assessment without needing an accountant, unless it's an obligation in their terms to fulfill their visa processing requirements. Again then that would also suppress the idea of self assessment. I can proceed with the application hoping they won't refuse it leaving me no room to challenge it, or they can simply ask me to provide that accountant letter.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:41 pm

It isn’t obligatory to have an accountant for filing your tax returns for the purpose of a visa. All
INIS will ask is for honesty and transparency backed by evidence which you are doing already.

What MAY make a difference though is the length of time you’ve been self employed and owned the company. I’m being devil’s advocate here but if this is a very new company (less than a year) and you’ve never filed tax returns with Revenue then it may raise questions with INIS.
If your company has been trading for sometime and you’ve filed tax returns before with good track record than I’d say you’re all good to go.