ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Passport Documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jason89
Newly Registered
Mood:

Apply for son Irish passport from Ireland but so live aboard

Post by Jason89 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:03 pm

Can I apply for my son Irish passport in Ireland if my son lives aboard in Minsk as they do not have an Irish Embassy in Minsk. I am an Irish citizen but my son was born abroad. Any help would be appreciated.

DanaMarie
Ireland

Re: Apply for son Irish passport from Ireland but so live aboard

Post by DanaMarie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 am

How is your son eligible for Irish citizenship, i.e. were you born in Ireland, or are you a citizen by descent, or through naturalization? And how old is the child? That info may factor into the way in which you need to apply for his passport.

Dobbo89
Newly Registered

Re: Apply for son Irish passport from Ireland but my son live aboard

Post by Dobbo89 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:09 am

I am Irish by birth and live in Ireland now. My child is born on 2/5/19. My Wife has right visa but just waiting on son to get a passport so we can live together in Ireland

DanaMarie
Ireland

Re: Apply for son Irish passport from Ireland but my son live aboard

Post by DanaMarie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Dobbo89 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:09 am
I am Irish by birth and live in Ireland now. My child is born on 2/5/19. My Wife has right visa but just waiting on son to get a passport so we can live together in Ireland
Are you also Jason89 the OP?

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:59 pm

It looks like the embassy in Lithuania handles matters for Belarus. Have you reviewed the process information in the links below? Depending on your exact situation, your wife may need to be the one who applies for your son's passport through the Lithuanian embassy. I think it comes down to the guardianship rules. There's a phone number in the first link below which should be able to help if no one here who has been in your specific situation.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/t ... ldren.html

-and-

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... rchildren/

Jason89
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Jason89 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Thanks

Jason89
Newly Registered
Mood:

Irish passport Witnesses speak in Russian or English

Post by Jason89 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:09 pm

I am Irish by brith, my wife is from Belarus she give brith to are baby in Belarus now we are looking a passport for the baby so we can live together in Ireland where I currently live. My wife is applying for an Irish passport for are baby from Belarus my question is does the witness in section 7 need to be in English or can it be in Russian or she get a Russian solicitor that speaks English to sign it for witness and sign the pictures of the baby.Any help would be appreciated

Jordans
Ireland

Re: Irish passport Witnesses speak in Russian or English

Post by Jordans » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:40 pm

I regret to say that there is no Irish diplomatic mission in Belarus as they would be the best people who could provide an expert advice on this matter. You should contact the Irish embassy in Vilnius, Lithuania who will be able to help. https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/lithuania/

Jason89
Newly Registered
Mood:

Irish Passport Documents

Post by Jason89 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:55 pm

I have to apply from Belarus for my childs first time passport. Was just wondering what document do I need to apply with just don’t what to miss anything.
My Irish brith certificate
His brith certificate translated into English
My marriage certificate
Four photos and two signed
Do I need to brith certificate on my wife?
Am I missing anything?
All help would be appreciated thanks

DanaMarie
Ireland

Re: Irish Passport Documents

Post by DanaMarie » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:03 am

Jason89 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:55 pm
I have to apply from Belarus for my childs first time passport. Was just wondering what document do I need to apply with just don’t what to miss anything.
My Irish brith certificate
His brith certificate translated into English
My marriage certificate
Four photos and two signed
Do I need to brith certificate on my wife?
Am I missing anything?
All help would be appreciated thanks
I previously provided you with two links with this information. The moderators have merged your multiple threads so scroll up and you will see the links.

Jason89
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Irish Passport Documents

Post by Jason89 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:10 pm

Ok thanks.
For Irish passport for child does the witness need to know you. I get mixed reviews from the Irish passport centre some say no some say yes. Has anyone experienced any such thing because my wife currently lives in Belarus and she can't get a person that speaks English that knows her to be her witness but she can find people that doesn't know her that can be a witness for the passport application form any help would be appreciated