ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish passport for newly born in thailand

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

steg87
Newly Registered
Ireland

Irish passport for newly born in thailand

Post by steg87 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi, i have been trying to get through to the irish embassy to ask a few questions about appling for a irish passport for my daughter who was born and is in thailand, so im hoping someone here could help.

We have received the APS2 application form by mail from the irish embassy in bkk. We have gathered up all the document needed but do i need a FBR certificate before we can apply for the passport?
or can we proceed with the application form?

also they have sent out 2 different prices for passports.
1 states for standard 4500baht including postage
2 states on the document requirment page that the cost would be 2200 baht including postage

can any one clarify this for me please!?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish passport for newly born in thailand

Post by max307 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 pm

The following link from the DFA seems very straightforward, regarding the fees get in touch with the Irish embassy in Thailand.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... rn-abroad/
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish passport for newly born in thailand

Post by max307 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:56 pm

I forgot to that add if either you or the other parent are an Irish citizen born in Ireland, then your daughter is automatically an Irish citizen, irrespective of her place of birth. If that’s the case then no need to apply for FBR before you apply for an Irish passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.