ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish residency please help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kay
Newly Registered

Irish residency please help

Post by Kay » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:22 am

Hi there

Am after some advice. I moved to Ireland in December 2000 so have lived here 6 years. I started working here 6 months or so after I arrived and am now eligible for long term residency.

Problem is I am not sure how to go about it and can never get through on the helplines. They are constantly busy. I cant find any downloadable forms

I read a thread on here that said I need all copies of my working visas but dont think I have kept them (or know where they are from 6 years ago). Would the Immigration dept not have copies.

Please help if you can

Kay

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:50 pm

Please refer to the following documentation :
1. (from DOJ) http://www.justice.ie/80256E01003A21A5/ ... ission.pdf
2. (from Immigrant Council of Ireland) http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/factsheets/en/res.pdf

Check out posts from marialear who has consulted a solicitor for advice on this matter. It may well be advisable considering how DOJ handle applications.

Kay
Newly Registered

Post by Kay » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:24 pm

Scrudu

Thanks very much!

By the looks of things (an the time it could take) I think I'd be better off renewing my work permit and applying for residency at the same time.

Thanks again.

Kay

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:38 pm

Sounds like a good plan. They dont seem to be in any hurry to process applications for perm residency/naturalisation/visas etc.

Work permits/visa/auth renewals seem to be the quickest way to go, so def worth a go!

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:23 pm

Kay wrote:Scrudu

Thanks very much!

By the looks of things (an the time it could take) I think I'd be better off renewing my work permit and applying for residency at the same time.

You can also apply for naturalisation at the same time too, if you meet the residence requirement.