ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP Card late for Schengen visa appointment

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lukk
Newly Registered
Poland

IRP Card late for Schengen visa appointment

Post by lukk » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:09 pm

Hi All.

Would anyone know if INIS in burgh quay can provide a physical stamp into the passport that would show our stamp 4 approval? We applied for the IRP card but it will be late for our Schengen visa appointment next week.

The consulate told us that we can have the passport stamped at a Garda station if our Stamp 4 letter mentions the validity date (it mentions 36 months). However, our local Garda station couldnt provide us with the stamp, they said its all centralized now by immigration.

meself2
Ireland

Re: IRP Card late for Schengen visa appointment

Post by meself2 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:37 pm

Burgh Quay is first time registrations mostly, wouldn't expect them to stamp passports.
Possibly embassy would accept the Stamp 4 letter? I've applied with an IRP cutting close to expiration, as well as a letter saying I'm given a new stamp for 2 years, for UK visa, got through.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

hellraiser2312
Newly Registered
India

Re: IRP Card late for Schengen visa appointment

Post by hellraiser2312 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:29 pm

I previously applied for a Schengen visa at the Greek embassy (2021) and my IRP card application was delayed. They granted me the visa once I showed them proof that I had applied for IRP renewal. Obviously it's up to the discretion of the embassy officials but they were really nice at the Greek embassy and very helpful.