ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Join Spouse Renewal Question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

beibo
Newly Registered
China

Join Spouse Renewal Question

Post by beibo » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:28 am

Hi,

I was a previously critical skill visa holder and now I am in Stamp 4 which I need to renew every 2 years.
My wife joined me at 2019 as Joint Spouse, and she had 2 Renewals with Stamp 1G already when we were in Dublin, and her expiration date is always the same as me. i.e. She also renews every 2 years.

Now we moved to Cork and got it renewed in the Garda station. My new stamp4 is expected to expire in 2025, but my wife's one is to be expired in 2024 which I think it is incorrect.

I went to Garda station today asking the above questions, and they said Stamp 1G should only renew every 1 year even if it is joint spouse, what was done before is incorrect but they didn't give me any supporting documents, they only asked me to check online.

I remember I found relevant information before, but I can't find it now. I would be greatly appreciated if you guys could help me on this issue. Thank you in advance for the help!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Join Spouse Renewal Question

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:32 am

beibo wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:28 am
Now we moved to Cork and got it renewed in the Garda station. My new stamp4 is expected to expire in 2025, but my wife's one is to be expired in 2024 which I think it is incorrect.
It seems to be correct.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... on-stamps/
2. Spouse/de facto partner of a Critical Skills Employment Permit holder or a Spouse/de facto partner of Researchers in the State on Hosting Agreements
[...]
Renewal of the Stamp 1G registration should be applied for annually, and after 5 years on a Stamp 1G, you may apply for a Stamp 4.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:53 am

Judging by the thread, it's common occurrence; officers, possibly, can give it for 2 years, but don't have to.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

beibo
Newly Registered
China

Post by beibo » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:58 am

thank you @meself2

but still the word used here is should, not must, so I guess this is probably why my wife got it renewed every 2 years previously?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:04 am

beibo wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:58 am
thank you @meself2

but still the word used here is should, not must, so I guess this is probably why my wife got it renewed every 2 years previously?
Yep, see the thread in my previous message.