ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Justice is all we seek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

petereliot1
Newly Registered

Justice is all we seek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by petereliot1 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:53 am

Enough of all the talks.
I dont think we can expect things to get any better,
everyone in and around dublin please come forward and lets try to figure out some course of action.
We can meet at the same place where it all began The Immigration Office on Burg Quay.
date i suggest 14th August, comming Monday?
Do reply
Last edited by petereliot1 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:31 am

You are right.Talk talk talk no action=no result.
There was a meeting arranged by Static at a time,but nothing happened.Statistics was collected at a time,nothing happened.
Bear in mind not all members are involved with the so called EU1.You can take the initiative,contact(PM) the list on the statistics and see if they will be ready to fight for their rights.
Knowledge is Power

GreenApple
Newly Registered

We r in

Post by GreenApple » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:59 am

hey guys :))

i think that what i said last time ;)) definatly we need to sit somewhere and talk eachother abt ou case and how and what maybe our case weakness and where is our power points ;)) we are in :)) tell me where ?? i have appointment with lawyer nextweek...will be ready for DOJ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

John

Post by John » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:11 am

petereliot1 wrote:we need to get together to do something
Whilst I have been to Northern Ireland a number of times I have never been to the Republic. And living here in Birmingham, sorry, I am not going to travel to a meeting.

Indeed the reason I have never visited the Republic is because of a rather different problem about Ireland's interpretation of EU law. My wife and step-daughter moved here to the UK from Thailand over 6 years ago. Accordingly they needed visas to enter the Schengen area .... no problem .... but would also need an Irish visa to enter the Republic. And of course under EU law such visas need to be issued for free.

However, and this is back in 2002, so it is possible that their stance has changed since, whilst they would readily agree that my wife's visa would be free, they insisted upon charging for my step-daughter's visa. As a matter of principle we declined to pay, and went to the south of France instead, and even though they now have British passports we have still not visited.

So for a matter of about £20 the Irish tourist industry lost a far greater sum that we would have spent in the Republic on holiday.

This little problem pails into insignificance against the problems you guys are now facing. Hopefully the solution will appear rapidly.
John

petereliot1
Newly Registered

re: attention

Post by petereliot1 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:53 pm

hello everyone!
Please write to me if ur intrested to meet, we will meet at central location and if you cant make it, please send ur support and suggestions in form of private message to me, I will make sure you all get updates of the meeting. I am aware most of us are not in Dublin and cant come, please join this fourm and support others who will represent you all.
All intrested people send me your names and how we cant get intouch with each other, please do use private meassages to submit ur details.
Thank you.

ChIrl

Re: re: attention

Post by ChIrl » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:08 pm

Why protests only EU1 issues? I am sure, lot of people would join if you include all other issues, mentined below, which needs immediate attention:

1) Long Term Residency issues - One year to process?
2) Naturalisation Process - Three years to process - big joke
3) Immigration/Visa Officers treatment at Irish Naturalisation &
Immigration Service
4) Telephonic Service

We should unite all the immigrants to send a strong message to the Govt. I have spoken to Immigration Council and Migrants Rights, but they are of no use.

I can atleast gather 20-30 people for this.

Regards

petereliot1
Newly Registered

re: attention!!!

Post by petereliot1 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:22 pm

attention:
1) Long Term Residency issues - One year to process?
2) Naturalisation Process - Three years to process - big joke
3) Immigration/Visa Officers treatment at Irish Naturalisation &
Immigration Service
4) Telephonic Service
yes we can ! but we all need to meet to discuss these issues, we could hire a dedicated lawyer to represent our issues. we just wont talk but will have legal backing once the lawyer is in place wht do u guys think?
again i cant stress enough that we all need to meet up to proceed any further!
regards

jooopo
Newly Registered

Post by jooopo » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:03 pm

Hi,
You are right! There's no hope and nothing will happen without an immigration lawyer. Together we will be much stronger against DOJ.

limey

Post by limey » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:28 pm

I'm in the UK but I'm with you. 8)

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:56 am

this might be irrelavant but a number of cases have gone towards the High Court by way of Judicial Review on the grounds of challenging the kumar cases. during the leave stage (some starting in the first week of october) are out to distinguish the facts of their cases from Kumar.

another point might be worth noting for people who have children born in this state-who despite not having irish citizenship- but acquired eu citizenship on the grounds of their eu parent, some parties will try to refer to the irish case of bode 2006. whilst this deals with irish citizen children and the ibc/05 scheme, the contention would be that as an eu citizen, they cant be disriminated against, and have right of non eu parent here. moreover, jia, as spoken previously (kumar ignored it) will also be cited in areas where an non eu person has been legally residing here.

judicial review, maybe made to compel the mjelr to actually make a decision on your applications.

if you go to a lawyer, try to have copies of your application forms and supplementary douments that were enclosed (marriage cert, proof of rsidency etc), copy of acknowledgement slip, and any correspondene that you made to the minister / treaty rights section in relation to getting them to hurry up on deciding your case.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:57 pm

Hello everyone,
we finally received a response from the European Commission in Brussels. They write that they accept we have a legitimate complaint and they are going to enter our complaint into their register.They also say that they are going to initiate action against the Irish Government against the condition of prior legal residency in another European Country.At least it's nice to have a letter from the E.U commission to use in our petition to the DOJ.

Sahil

Post by Sahil » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:26 pm

archigabe wrote:Hello everyone,
we finally received a response from the European Commission in Brussels. They write that they accept we have a legitimate complaint and they are going to enter our complaint into their register.They also say that they are going to initiate action against the Irish Government against the condition of prior legal residency in another European Country.At least it's nice to have a letter from the E.U commission to use in our petition to the DOJ.

Hi archigabe,

I have got the same letter 2 months before from European Commission. I had contacted them regarding refusal on EU 1 application. Mr E.Crabit (Head of Unit, European Commission) has sent me the same letter as you have received (first by mail then by post with Ref number of my complaint). I don't know weather this letter from EC will be usefull or not as we all can see that Irish GOVT seems to breaching every EU rule on Treaty rights.

Regards,

Sahil

petereliot1
Newly Registered

Complaint asking BBC to report out issue

Post by petereliot1 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:02 pm

Text only

BBC Homepage

BBC Complaints home
Make a complaint
Read our responses
Review complaints reports
The complaints process

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Us

Like this page?
Send it to a friend!

Steps:1Feedback type2About3Your feedback4Your details5SubmitStep 5 of 5:

This is the information you have given us. Please check it is correct and click "Previous" if necessary. Once you have done this, click "Submit" below. Feedback:
Dear Sir\ Madam, I am writing to you on behalf of 1056 couples effected by Breach of EU Teaty Rights By Irish Immigration Deaprtment. The Issue seems to have gone unnoticed by the European community as most people effected are Law Biding EU citizens. We are shoked that not even the media seems to have taken a notice of this growing injustice.Please see the link to our fourm. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16404
Under 13:
yes
Name:
mr peter eliot
Europe
UK postcode:
(not given)
UK telephone number:
(not given)

Email address:
petereliot1@gmail.com

If the information is incorrect, or you wish to change it:
If the information is correct:

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:05 pm

Why don't some of you try to contact FLAC Ireland who sometimes provide free legal aid? They might atleast help in drafting a letter to DOJ threatening legal action.
http://www.flac.ie/
The problem with FLAC is they usually only take up cases which are without precedent in Ireland.still, no harm in trying.

greengrass
Newly Registered

Post by greengrass » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:15 am

archigabe wrote:Why don't some of you try to contact FLAC Ireland who sometimes provide free legal aid? They might atleast help in drafting a letter to DOJ threatening legal action.
http://www.flac.ie/
The problem with FLAC is they usually only take up cases which are without precedent in Ireland.still, no harm in trying.
i've spoken to one FLAC lawyer right after we received the refusal letter. His best advice was this:
1) be patient
2) be patient
3) wait and be patient

We replied "Is there anything we can do more?". He said:
No, law is law... at least Ireland allows you to be together.