ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for an advice on Divorce (PR holder)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pksr123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by pksr123 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:21 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm non EEA married to EU national and currently holding PR. I only got my PR last month, the covid situation hasn't been kind to us, our relationship is upside down and fully broken. My wife who is EU national wants to live separately asap and move to London on October. I know divorce processing takes very long time here in Ireland and I don't know what to do next, I'm already in pain and stress.

Will I loose my PR if we start living separately or If she leave the country on September?
What are the options do I have?
Can I divorce from her Embassy?
Even though our relationship is broken we still have respect for each other and She wants to help me but we have very limited time.

Any advice would be appreciated

pksr123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by pksr123 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:41 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm non EEA married to EU national, I am currently holding permanent residence card applied through EU3 form (after 5 years of stamp 4 EUFam). I only got my PR last month, the covid situation hasn't been kind to us, our relationship is upside down and fully broken. My wife who is EU national wants to live separately asap and move to London on October. I know divorce processing takes very long time here in Ireland and I don't know what to do next, I'm already in pain and stress.

Will I loose my PR if we start living separately or If she leave the country on September?
What are the options do I have?
Can I divorce from her Embassy?
Even though our relationship is broken we still have respect for each other and She wants to help me but we have very limited time.

Any advice would be appreciated
[/quote]

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Looking for an advice on Divorce (PR holder)

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:44 pm

As long as your relationship has been genuine (it will be very helpful to keep all the proofs of relationship/cohabitation - emails, texts, call history, utility bills in both names, financial interdependencies, copy of her passport pages etc), you will be fine.

The PR you received is independent of your partner. Both you and your partner receive permanent residency upon having 5 years of residency. After that, there is no longer any requirement or dependency of being in the same relationship.

You should, however, send any changes of your relationship to INIS (e.g. separation or divorce). This will make sure that you abide by the law (which requires all non-EU nationals to report any change of address or relationship). You will still retain your Stamp 4EUFAM for life.

The question of divorce is not something this forum discusses. It’s best if you ask the embassy directly.

pksr123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Looking for an advice on Divorce (PR holder)

Post by pksr123 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:02 pm

Thankyou Littlerr, thankyou very much for your reply and giving my some sort of relief. Our relationship always has been genuine, We learned many things from each other but she choose her career over me and I have no choice other than accepting her decision, I told her that she has all right to make her own decision and think for her future so I'm supporting her in it.

We are together for 6 years, she only finished her degree on Jan and moving to UK soon.
Do you recommend me to apply for divorce here in Ireland or better do from her country which takes only 6 months.
This is 10 years PR which I have got but expiring 0n 2028 because of my passport expire date. Even if she leave the country I dont need to worry about loosing my PR?