Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother-In-Law Still under review 2 yrs now.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

npayne27

Mother-In-Law Still under review 2 yrs now.

Post by npayne27 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 am

Hi Everyone,

I posted in February 2018 that my mother-in-law was refused a residence card because of ‘lack of evidence of dependency in the state’, which I believe was just a misunderstanding on my side because after paying for everything she lives one here with us, I didn’t submit any bank statements for her showing we give her money and I think I didn’t submit my other bank account showing I paid the bills rent food etc, or maybe I did, we have sent in so many document have lost track.

Anyway, just to clarify, in my previous post, the people who answered me in the post were sure and clear I had completely satisfied dependency and it was not clear why they refused her application as we have all the proof. So...since then, I have had my third child and we are doing well here, my mother in law is loving living with us and her grandchildren and she is well looked after. Both my self and my husband work, i work from home, and my mums (mother-in-law, I will just call her mum) health is stable because of the food we are giving her here and I try my best to encourage her to do healthy things, she has type 2 diabetes and her feet are usually swollen and burning all the time. She gets free medicine here in Ireland because it’s a long term illness, she doesn’t have a medical card, we didn’t even know her medicine would be free.

Anyway, she has had 3-4 extensions now, and today, we just received ANOTHER extension, when we were so hoping for an approval letter. This time is is an 8 month extension 😱, so by the time that time comes she will have been here 2 years and 8 months. Like that is just 2 years away from living here for 5 years.

I really don’t understand why they won’t approve it, she is a qualifying family member and we have provided EVERY proof required, dependency both here and prior. This is all accumulating to about 6-8 years of dependency proof now, all financial and now because of her health and emotional health as she has no one where she was staying.

What’s your advice/ opinion in this?
Do we have no choice but to keep waiting? Should we consult a lawyer? We did not use a lawyer for the review application, because we know we have proved everything, and we have continued to send and update them with more and more evidence.

We just want this to be over and just live here without this stress if visa visa visa and refusal etc, its so stressfull. My health has been affected by this greatly. By Gods grace we have been supporting her, we love her and our kids love her and have become use to her being with us. She is like my real mother. I can’t bear the thought of all these years waiting only for them to refuse again.

I would be more understanding if it was a permitted family member case, but this is a qualifying family member who has given all evidence of dependancy.

If anyone could advise or has experience with this please help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mother-In-Law Still under review 2 yrs now.

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:18 am

Topics merged for members to have all the info and previous advice given.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

npayne27

Post by npayne27 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:19 am

Thanks 👍

npayne27

Post by npayne27 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:59 am

Waiting for opinions or advice 🙏