ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving house during application process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lj0123

Moving house during application process

Post by Lj0123 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:15 am

Hi all

My partner and I have applied for EU TR EU1A.
We have been living at our current address for a year now. It is a shared apartment and unfortunately due to new flatmates we are no longer happy here and are looking at moving elsewhere. Is it likely to cause an issue moving during the process? I know we would have to provide tenancy and RTB again.

Our decision date is at the beginning of June but there is obviously going to be a further on this delay now.

Thanks in advance

Ntembwa
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Moving house during application process

Post by Ntembwa » Mon May 25, 2020 11:25 pm

Hi,
It's okay to move places, all you have to do is immediately after moving send registered letter to EU treaty rights, sending them your new proof of address, lease agreements, etc. as a start so they update your records. Then also report at the Gardai where applicable. PRTB can be forwarded immediately after receiving it. The oners is on you to keep updating them promptly. I moved 3 times during the application process due to circumstances beyond my control but was vigilant on updating them all the time. Best of luck

Lj0123

Re: Moving house during application process

Post by Lj0123 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Thank you so much for your advice on this ☺️
We have now been living at our current property for 13 months. Our tenancy agreement is with the landlord directly and states 12 months. Landlord has no issue with us so presumably if we don’t ask for another fixed term, we will just roll on living here until we give notice. If we decide to grin and bear where we are, it likely to cause an issue that our application doesn’t have an updated agreement to cover current time? Or will they contact the landlord to confirm anyway?
Thanks again!