ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - any salary requirements?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

norsk
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalisation - any salary requirements?

Post by norsk » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi,

I have lived in Ireland for just over five years, I am a UK citizen.
I have two questions as to possibly one day applying for Irish citizenship by naturalisation.

1. I was unable to find anything online about any salary requirements before applying for naturalisation. Are there any such requirements or a specific amount of prsi contributions etc?

2. I know that non-EU applicants cannot use any time spent studying as counted as reckonable residence, but is this the same for EU applicants?

Many thanks and my apologies if this topic has already been discussed.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Naturalisation - any salary requirements?

Post by littlerr » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:51 pm

There is no salary requirement, and for EU residents they don't really care what you do here (as long as you won't be a burden to the state).

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation - any salary requirements?

Post by max307 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:31 pm

norsk wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm
Hi,

I have lived in Ireland for just over five years, I am a UK citizen.
I have two questions as to possibly one day applying for Irish citizenship by naturalisation.

1. I was unable to find anything online about any salary requirements before applying for naturalisation. Are there any such requirements or a specific amount of prsi contributions etc?

2. I know that non-EU applicants cannot use any time spent studying as counted as reckonable residence, but is this the same for EU applicants?

Many thanks and my apologies if this topic has already been discussed.
The assumption is that the applicant will be able to support himself/herself and won't be a burden on the State but there is no salary requirement to apply for citizenship in Ireland and it doesn't matter if the EU citizen was studying, working or unemployed.

If you are able to prove that you have lived in Ireland for the past 5 years then you are eligible to apply.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.