ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation (Northern Ireland)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cfritas
Newly Registered
Brazil

Naturalisation (Northern Ireland)

Post by cfritas » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:12 pm

Hi,

I'm getting ready to send my application for naturalisation based on my marriage to an Irish citizen and I have a question about the Witness to the signature of the Statutory Declaration.

Does is have to be a solicitor, or did anyone get someone else to sign it?
I'm getting mixed information on the internet.

Thank you very much.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Naturalisation (Northern Ireland)

Post by littlerr » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:07 pm

What ‘mixed information’ did you get and where did you get it? It is a black-and-white rule.

The form itself only has the below options: Solicitor, Peace Commissioner, Notary public, Commissioner for oaths.

There is no peace commissioner in NI. Most if not all solicitor offices also act as notary public and commissioner for oaths. So in short, you can only use a solicitor.

cfritas
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Naturalisation (Northern Ireland)

Post by cfritas » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:18 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:07 pm
What ‘mixed information’ did you get and where did you get it? It is a black-and-white rule.

The form itself only has the below options: Solicitor, Peace Commissioner, Notary public, Commissioner for oaths.

There is no peace commissioner in NI. Most if not all solicitor offices also act as notary public and commissioner for oaths. So in short, you can only use a solicitor.
Thanks for clarifying that.