ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Residency Calculator

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eva_
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalisation Residency Calculator

Post by eva_ » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:55 am

Hi

In the Residency Calculator I must enter start date and end date for each year, but in the passport I can find only the end date and there is no starting date, there is only a stamp with date of the day that we get each GNIB card so does that consider the starting date?

could you help me please? Thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation Residency Calculator

Post by max307 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:47 pm

eva_ wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:55 am
Hi

In the Residency Calculator I must enter start date and end date for each year, but in the passport I can find only the end date and there is no starting date, there is only a stamp with date of the day that we get each GNIB card so does that consider the starting date?

Do you have copies of your old GNIB card somewhere? The dates in the GNIB (now IRP) card should match the dates in your passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

eva_
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by eva_ » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:07 pm

No I don't have a copy of previous GNIB card

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 pm

eva_ wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:07 pm
No I don't have a copy of previous GNIB card
Hard to tell then, in theory the date in your passport stamp should be the start date but since you don't have a way to double check I guess you have no other choice than using that date in your passport stamp.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm

eva_ wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:55 am
Hi

I can confirm that on all my GNIB cards, the start date is exactly the same as the date of endorsement of stamp on my passport. So the day I got a stamp on my passport is the start date of that particular GNIB card.

eva_
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by eva_ » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Thank you for your reply guys.

I was hoping the finishing date of last stamp is the starting date of the new stamps, or the day that we apply for the GNIB card. I this case I have to wait 2 months until I can apply for citizenship as I was applying for GNIB card on the day that will expire and receive the GNIB card after 3 weeks from that day so I'm missing time here.

Thanks again guys.