ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Updates

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Activegta
inactive
Ireland

Naturalisation Updates

Post by Activegta » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:05 pm

A bit of a rant some others might like to add their comments to :shock:

It seems the whole process is a shambles. I’ll be moving into month 12 waiting for a decision in a couple of weeks. I know there are many others waiting longer. I see a sporadic user updating with a sub 6 month timeline, but by far the general consensus is average decision time is longer than 6 months. This is probably representative of users who also don’t post here I’d imagine.

I applied early October 2017 and have emailed a few times since - the usual copy and paste replies, nothing specific to my case which is very frustrating.

Attempting to call a phone line open for 4 hours per week is also a nightmare. Thursday gone I spent 2 hours redialling, no exaggeration, hearing ring back twice and busy tone the rest of the time.

The odd person who gets through - have you been given concrete info about your case which actually came to fruition?

I don’t think I actually mind how long this process takes. For me being Irish is already apart of me. I thought mine was a simple case which would take the 6 months - I’ve lived here 25+ years since arriving as a child. Currently I’m a UK citizen. I’m lucky I’m not dependant on approval, rather it’s something I want rather than need. If I have one regret it’s not applying 20 years ago when all you had to do was complete a basic form and ring your local TD to progress it!

How hard would it be for INIS to have a simple tracking system on their website - put in your reference number, date of birth, mothers maiden name and you receive an update on progress - stage 1, stage 2, pending submission etc. Email queries and phone calls immediately dwindle. Those handful of overworked :D INIS staff can focus on something more appropriate.

INIS website a joke, phone line a joke, email correspondence a joke.

Also the decision is at the absolute discretion of the minister. So it’s at the discretion of some 61 year old who happened to win a small constituency and whose party had power. That’s hilarious.

Citizenship is a privilege that I wouldn’t argue with. But having a robust naturalisation process in place should be the foundation of this privilege, and for me it’s just not there at the moment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Updates

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:51 am

Topic locked to avoid all the inevitable 'tag on posts' as user requested their account to be deactivated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.