ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advise

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tiredofitall
Newly Registered

Need advise

Post by Tiredofitall » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:12 pm

HI everybody. I've been reading this forum for a week and found lots of usefull information..really angry at myself that didn't find out about this website before. Didn't realise that there're so many people in the same situation as us..
This is my first post as I have hit the wall, got the same letter as everybody else, denial in residence card as we haven't lived in other EU-state. Waited for 10 months just to get a "no" as everybody else..
What shall we do now? Appeal? What reason to use for appeal? Shall I get solicitor? Is there any point in it? As i don't know how long more I'll manage to live like this..
And just wondering what is the meaning of the following "Judicial Review proceedings relating to a similar decision are currently ongoing in the High Court. Until these proceedings have been decided however, the provisions of Regulation 3(2) continue to have effect and must therefore be complied with in order for residencey to be granted." ?
When are these proceedings are going to be decided - a year, two? what to do and what to expect?

microlab

Post by microlab » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:58 pm

What shall we do now? Appeal?
If you were to appeal you`d probably need a lawyer.
Or..."cut the losses and try elsewhere".....
I know I sound like a "currency trader" ...unfortunately, thats how it is. :?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=17474
Last edited by microlab on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

limey

Post by limey » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:48 pm

Tiredofitall: Sorry to hear that but you are not alone.

What nationality are you and your spouse?

A few others in your situation are moving from Ireland to the UK. You could apply to the UK (which includes Northern Ireland) for an EEA Family Permit, live there for 6 months and maybe try again for Ireland.

Tiredofitall
Newly Registered

Post by Tiredofitall » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:19 pm

Thanks for ur replies.

I'm belarusian, my husband is from Latvia. We can't really move anywhere else as I'll need visa and we like Ireland and so got used to living here... While waiting for DOJ decision my visa has expired so I guess I'm considered to be illegal now..

I've read here that some people applied for EU-resident spouse work permits. I wonder if I'm eligible for it.. as it says that one can apply for such work permit while his application for residence card is being processed. And I've got my decision already..

We're just trying to think about different possible ways to solve the situation..