ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need information regarding Zambrano application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khan24

Need information regarding Zambrano application

Post by khan24 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:00 am

how long it takes for Zambrano application to be processed in ireland ? if Any one got approved !

adlexy

Re: Need information regarding Zambrano application

Post by adlexy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:41 pm

khan24 wrote:how long it takes for Zambrano application to be processed in ireland ? if Any one got approved !
It depends on the complexity of your case :)

Did you submit the application as someone living within Ireland or are you presently outside the country and have submitted at the Irish embassy in your country of current residency?

I am aware that there are people waiting since "forever!" It is almost like they ignored people at this stage.

mauritania

Post by mauritania » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Didn't get approval but took approx 6.5 months to receive decision. And applied in Ireland.

Irishmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by Irishmigrant » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:33 pm

As Adlexy says they are ignoring us. I had applied from within Ireland. They may be thinking of letting us during mass irish emigration. Patience is the only solution at this time.

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:11 pm

mauritania wrote:Didn't get approval but took approx 6.5 months to receive decision. And applied in Ireland.
what is the decision on the Zambrano applications?

mauritania

Post by mauritania » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:21 pm

On ours it was that my partner held Spanish Residency so our child would never have to leave the union basically.

khan24

Post by khan24 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:21 pm

We live in dublin & applied within the state.

khan24

Post by khan24 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:28 pm

When did you applied Irishmigrant mind asking you ? Did you received any responce from the dept ?

Irishmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by Irishmigrant » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:26 pm

I had applied in 1st of June 2011. It is very quiet till then. I didn't receive any acknowledgement as well. I do not know what they are doing?

mauritania

Post by mauritania » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Irishmigrant, have you not received any correspondence since the 1st of June? We did receive an acknowledgement letter and a few other letters since then up until we received decision. Have you contacted a solicitor? I would be inclined too if you are being ignored.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:32 pm

are you even sure that the section received your correspondence? I would advise you to write in again and enquire about the status of your application. at least you would get an acknowledgement that your application was received.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:52 am

Some people are applying for judicial review to the High Court if they have been waiting 6 months +. This carries a risk of Costs being awarded against you. You may prefer to remain patient. It may speed things up to bombard them with documentation showing your relationship with the child, proof of address, letters from school, neighbours, relatives, etc.

Irishmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by Irishmigrant » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi Immigration Lawyer,

Will they require from everybody who had applied for stamp 4 under Zambrano or those who had gone for Judicial review?
We are under critical situation without any decisison yet.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:44 am

I would recommend everyone with a Zambrano application submit these documents.

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:05 pm

If u have a genuine case there is no risk taking legal proceedings,especially if you are within Ireland,sure few people outside the state were granted visa late last year/early this year,even non eu spouses of Irish citizen were granted visa early this year.Check visa decisions on their website for proof.The secret is they wont take your case seriously except u use a solicitor to write them or take legal proceedings cos most applicants i know that were granted visa did the same.Best of luck
We are nothing but like pencil in the hands of our creator God Almighty

Irishmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by Irishmigrant » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:21 pm

It is better to go to the judicial review by a group of applicants together and share the legal costs through a Solicitor. Like the group did in UK . They formed a HSMP forum and they won their case in 2009 or 2008. If we go by a group of applicants then it will be more powerful.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:28 pm

The Irish system doesn't lend itself to "class actions" in immigration cases. Most good solicitors will act for free or a small fee if they think the case has a fair chance of success, as they are likely to be awarded Costs from the Dept by the Court. The State is trying to restrict the amount of costs granted lately tho.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:44 pm

is anybody get stamp under (zambarano)case in the counter at gnib.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Yes, as a "change of status" if they already have permission, although I think they may be stopping/ restricting that.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:22 pm

mauritania wrote:On ours it was that my partner held Spanish Residency so our child would never have to leave the union basically.
Not surprised that the Government would try that angle. It is perfectly arguable too in light of the specific facts and reasoning in Zambrano and the difference of attitudes in Dercei (which is significantly different to your case - depends on how the spirit in each case is interpreted). But, the CJEU might not see it that way.

Is your Spanish partner living with you in Ireland? Couldn't you make an application on the basis of de facto relationship with partner, assuming that she still is exercising her EU rights in Ireland, and you live with her.

As you are not married, I assume that you have ticked all the boxes and ensured that ye both agreed that you would be a co legal guardian of the child and have the paper (very easy thing to do)

The child would also be entitled to Spanish Citizenship?
Last edited by walrusgumble on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:24 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:The Irish system doesn't lend itself to "class actions" in immigration cases. Most good solicitors will act for free or a small fee if they think the case has a fair chance of success, as they are likely to be awarded Costs from the Dept by the Court. The State is trying to restrict the amount of costs granted lately tho.
They can try, but what are the judges saying if it is a clear breach of law?. If you win your case you get a reasonable set of costs?

Are the courts now just putting every case in a list and wait for one test case, thus, maybe reduce costs for the others?
Last edited by walrusgumble on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Morrisj wrote:If u have a genuine case there is no risk taking legal proceedings,especially if you are within Ireland,sure few people outside the state were granted visa late last year/early this year,even non eu spouses of Irish citizen were granted visa early this year.Check visa decisions on their website for proof.The secret is they wont take your case seriously except u use a solicitor to write them or take legal proceedings cos most applicants i know that were granted visa did the same.Best of luck
You are applying for a mandmas to get a decision, whether a positive or negative decision. They are very hard to get. All it does it get the court to make the minister cease in delaying in making a decision. It was a popular tool for those who were waiting on leave to remains, citizenship etc for years. They have put a stop to that.

The six month rule can be seen in the Directive 2004/38 EC. But Zambrano does not fall within that Directive. There is no other legal provision to say that a decision should be given in 6 months. So yes, there is a slight risk cost wise. Better off waiting for a small bit more.

Unless, you simply look for a declaration, and they are useless.

mauritania

Post by mauritania » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:19 am

walrusgumble wrote:
mauritania wrote:On ours it was that my partner held Spanish Residency so our child would never have to leave the union basically.
Not surprised that the Government would try that angle. It is perfectly arguable too in light of the specific facts and reasoning in Zambrano and the difference of attitudes in Dercei (which is significantly different to your case - depends on how the spirit in each case is interpreted). But, the CJEU might not see it that way.

Is your Spanish partner living with you in Ireland? Couldn't you make an application on the basis of de facto relationship with partner, assuming that she still is exercising her EU rights in Ireland, and you live with her.

As you are not married, I assume that you have ticked all the boxes and ensured that ye both agreed that you would be a co legal guardian of the child and have the paper (very easy thing to do)

He ended up receiving stamp 3 under De Facto, but will be considered for stamp 4 shortly as we had more documentation. Either way we are currently happy that he has been permitted to stay. My partner is not Spanish - He is African with 10+years of Spanish Residency - never applied for citizenship.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 pm

mauritania wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

He ended up receiving stamp 3 under De Facto, but will be considered for stamp 4 shortly as we had more documentation. Either way we are currently happy that he has been permitted to stay. My partner is not Spanish - He is African with 10+years of Spanish Residency - never applied for citizenship.
Stamp 3? The State can't have it both ways. They clearly accepted that the partner had a case under EU law, so they must treat that partner in the same way as any other family non eu family member who gets a stamp 4 / stamp 4EU Fam. They have no grounds whatsoever to take this stance. I know de facto couples who were given an interim stamp 4

Well, that's the position for long term. I still think that the interim stamp 3 is wrong, but, maybe not worth rocking the boat.

Now that you confirmed what Residency you referred too, Not including citizenship, I do not see how the argument that you pointed out could work (If he was a Spanish citizen, I could see it work).

If he does not live in Spain anymore, his rights there, are not necessarily concrete (though long term does make it harder under Spanish law - assuming), He is not a citizen of Spain. Even if he returned to Spain, would his previous status there guarantee that he would be allowed back into Spain? He can't say that he would be guaranteed a right to return to Spain with his family, if they had to leave Ireland, or would they? (THe insurmountable obstacles argument)

If the Department are taking this attitude, which appears they are not now, there would have been nothing stopping the Minister to apply a similar criteria to a non eu parent (with no status) who is relying on Zambrano, but the other Non EU parent had, and always had legal status in Ireland, and likely to always have status.

But you are saying that they changed their attitude. Makes you wonder who is really making the decisions in the department and whether there is uniformity with policy

khan24

zambrano

Post by khan24 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Any news guys anyone got approved under zambrano Application ?