ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Green Card policy in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hasanum2
Newly Registered

New Green Card policy in Ireland

Post by hasanum2 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:56 pm

i come to know that Ireland is going to introduce a new green card policy which is almost mirror copy that still exist in US. I completed my Masters in Mechanical engineering from Dublin city university and i am a non-EU student. In Ireland there is is deadlock for students, whoever studied here, in respect of getting jobs. After completing my study i applied for few jobs and on interview they asked for work permit as by Irish law no not EU can be appointed without having work permit for full time jobs and when i applied for work permit they need appointment letter or job offer letter from the employer. One lawyer told me that Irish immigration policy is total mess and no one actually knows the laws except few cases as they never need it. To speak honestly about the fact that their economy start booming in last two years and they now need skilled people. When i came here three years ago, i saw most Irish people want to migrate to US, UK and Australia.

If anyone know about laws about the problem i am facing, please let me know.

Thanks
Hassan

JAJ
Australia

Re: New Green Card policy in Ireland

Post by JAJ » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:40 pm

This is already discussed on another thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=12402