ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kyk00525
Newly Registered
Ireland

new passport

Post by kyk00525 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:06 am

i have a new passport now after the first stamp.
so i sent the detail detail to the email
this is i got
#If you have received a new passport since your first registration or previous renewal, you can now renew your permission online at https://inisonline.jahs.ie/user/login

Please upload a copy of the biodata page of your passport with your application.#

but im not gonna renew til 2024. so what should i do?
i live in dublin and im leaving the state on weekend.

meself2
Ireland

Re: new passport

Post by meself2 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:22 am

When you renew your permission online, they ask if you've used this passport before with ISD; I assume that's what the website is referring to.
Also, from FAQ https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... istration/ :
11. Is my permission restricted to the expiry of my passport?
No, from April 2021 your permission is not linked to the expiration date on your passport. When you receive a new passport, you are legally required to contact your local immigration office to update your details. If you have a question about a balance of permission or you want to update your details contact immigrationsupport@justice.ie in Dublin city and county and gnib_dv@garda.ie if you live outside Dublin
My assumption would be email to these guys with subject line "new passport details" and your registration number would do?
Did you get an auto-reply or person said you that?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

kyk00525
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kyk00525 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:09 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:22 am
When you renew your permission online, they ask if you've used this passport before with ISD; I assume that's what the website is referring to.
No, from April 2021 your permission is not linked to the expiration date on your passport. When you receive a new passport, you are legally required to contact your local immigration office to update your details. If you have a question about a balance of permission or you want to update your details contact immigrationsupport@justice.ie in Dublin city and county and gnib_dv@garda.ie if you live outside Dublin
My assumption would be email to these guys with subject line "new passport details" and your registration number would do?

only this i put new passpoprt detail as title but seems only just get direct to renew..

i did ask that time while i register in person and staff said dont really have to do anything and they wont stamp on my new passport but i guess that only mean im in state?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:14 pm

kyk00525 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:09 pm
i did ask that time while i register in person and staff said dont really have to do anything and they wont stamp on my new passport but i guess that only mean im in state?
They won't be stamping the passport indeed.
If you want to be safe, print out your email that you sent to ISD with your new passport details and just keep it with you, so you can show it on border control if any issues arise with your new passport or just show it on your phone, so they know you attempted to let them know; IRP card doesn't have a visual passport number that it's linked to (and it's probably not even linked), so airlines will let you on the plane just fine.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:18 pm

kyk00525 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:09 pm
meself2 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:22 am

only this i put new passpoprt detail as title but seems only just get direct to renew..

Who said that they won't stamp your new passport? when I asked the same question in garda station they told me they will stamp my new passport.

I would try going to renewal route and attach a cover letter explaining your situation (so they won't actually renew or refuse your renewal request without context). So just mention you renewed your passport, and new biometric data page is attached to your cover letter and go with renewal route.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:20 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:18 pm
Who said that they won't stamp your new passport? when I asked the same question in garda station they told me they will stamp my new passport.
I guess procedure is different in Dublin and non-Dublin?
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... istration/
14. I have a new passport. Do I need to submit it to renew my permission?
If you are renewing your immigration permission and you have a new passport, you do not need to attend in person to have your new passport stamped with your immigration permission. You can renew your immigration permission here.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:52 pm

New passport does not need to be stamped.
It doesn’t say it mustn’t be stamped. Garda stations outside of Dublin are renowned for doing these stupid things that many immigration solicitors criticise.