ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
Salixruns
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:54 pm
Canada

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Salixruns » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:20 pm

Nre123 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:16 pm
kids are allowed
Kids weren't allowed at the December ceremony which I think was new? My husbands invite to the ceremony included a "ticket" (pink piece of paper with ADULT GUEST printed on it) for one guest and it clearly stated it was to be an adult and not a child. The guests go to one area of the convention centre to watch and the citizens being sworn in go to another. It might be different for the March one.

Blessings123
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 pm
Pakistan

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Blessings123 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:49 am

Anyone got invitation letter yet? Is this the first time that 2 ceremonies are taking place? I presume it means there will be twice the number of invitations for March ceremony

hdsgnr
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by hdsgnr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:10 am

As someone stated before, they probably will start sending them 2-3 weeks in advance of the ceremonies. It's still too early.

Maybe they are waiting to get responses with payment of the fee from enough people first.

Blessings123
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 pm
Pakistan

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Blessings123 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:23 am

hdsgnr wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:10 am
As someone stated before, they probably will start sending them 2-3 weeks in advance of the ceremonies. It's still too early.

Maybe they are waiting to get responses with payment of the fee from enough people first.
Thanks. Just hoping all of the approval get the invite. ReadIng through the old posts, it seems few people here got approval in nov last year but didn’t get invite to December ceremony. So I was just wondering that may be ceremonies over 2 days periods are planned to get very one included.

Salixruns
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:54 pm
Canada

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Salixruns » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:37 am

Blessings123 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:23 am
hdsgnr wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:10 am
As someone stated before, they probably will start sending them 2-3 weeks in advance of the ceremonies. It's still too early.

Maybe they are waiting to get responses with payment of the fee from enough people first.
Thanks. Just hoping all of the approval get the invite. ReadIng through the old posts, it seems few people here got approval in nov last year but didn’t get invite to December ceremony. So I was just wondering that may be ceremonies over 2 days periods are planned to get very one included.
It is frustrating that there is zero transparency to the process. Hopefully everyone gets an invite to the upcoming ceremonies but given the backlog and the fact there's no way to know how many didn't make Decembers ceremony or how many invites to this one are being sent out we are stuck in limbo just waiting. It would also be helpful if all the ceremony dates were published for the year which would help people plan a bit better.
Rant over :)

AmuPan
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:11 pm
India

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by AmuPan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:00 pm

Quick question again

We have submitted GNIB card along with draft so if I don’t get call for March ceremony, how will I manage without GNIB card till Next ceremony which is probably in December?

Thanks

Salixruns
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:54 pm
Canada

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Salixruns » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:19 pm

AmuPan wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:00 pm
Quick question again

We have submitted GNIB card along with draft so if I don’t get call for March ceremony, how will I manage without GNIB card till Next ceremony which is probably in December?

Thanks
I'm our experience it's not an issue. Show your letter of approval and either a photocopy of the gnib card or the number at the airport and you're fine. My husband travelled a lot for work after submitting his with zero issue. They were able to look it up every time and are familiar with the process. We worried about it until the first time when we realised it was not an issue. Something they don't make clear.

hdsgnr
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by hdsgnr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:25 pm

Do you guys know at what time are usually the ceremonies and how long it takes? Is it necessary to arrive in the town on the previous day/night to be able to attend? (I'm from Dublin)

I'm not sure if one day off from work will be enough to get there and go back...

littlerr
Diamond Member
Posts: 1881
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 pm
China

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:42 pm

hdsgnr wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:25 pm
Do you guys know at what time are usually the ceremonies and how long it takes? Is it necessary to arrive in the town on the previous day/night to be able to attend? (I'm from Dublin)

I'm not sure if one day off from work will be enough to get there and go back...
When I attended mine April last year, there were three ceremonies for the day. Each lasted about 1.5 hours. One in the morning (I think it was around 10-11am?), one just after lunch and one at around 3pm.

I know the December ceremony only had two. One in the morning and one in the afternoon.

If you are scheduled for the morning, I would recommend that you go there a day earlier. I drove from Dublin and it was around 4 hours drive on a Sunday afternoon. I can’t imagine how much time it would take if I were to drive there on Monday morning using rush hours.

I drove back from Killarney at around 4.30pm on Monday and got back to Dublin at around 9pm.

hdsgnr
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by hdsgnr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:12 pm

I don't have a car, so that definitely means 2 days (at least)! Thanks

Nre123
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 am
Ireland

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Nre123 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:45 am

Take train thats ur best bet

coder
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:52 am
Pakistan

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by coder » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:17 pm

Nre123 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:45 am
Take train thats ur best bet
is the train stops in Killarney?
Thanks,
C

Finepaddy
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:46 pm
Mood:
Norway

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Finepaddy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:11 pm

U need to get train from Dublin to mallow and mallow to killarney.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

Andy2019
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:00 pm
Ireland

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Andy2019 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:19 pm

On next week, aprx. On 5th Wednesday and 6th Thursday of February CitizenShip Office will send thousands invitations for Oath in Killarney.
So, need to wait for invitation just 3 more days!!!

Lifeisgood2020
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:26 am
Australia

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Lifeisgood2020 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:02 pm

Andy2019 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:19 pm
On next week, aprx. On 5th Wednesday and 6th Thursday of February CitizenShip Office will send thousands invitations for Oath in Killarney.
So, need to wait for invitation just 3 more days!!!
Hi , how do you know. Did you call them? Maybe after the election?

hdsgnr
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by hdsgnr » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:41 am

Lifeisgood2020 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:02 pm
Andy2019 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:19 pm
On next week, aprx. On 5th Wednesday and 6th Thursday of February CitizenShip Office will send thousands invitations for Oath in Killarney.
So, need to wait for invitation just 3 more days!!!
Hi , how do you know. Did you call them? Maybe after the election?
I'm also curious :)

Andy2019
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:00 pm
Ireland

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Andy2019 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:51 pm

I got an E-mail yesterday from Tipperary office.
""
I can confirm invitation for the upcoming ceremonies will issue shortly.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 3""

hdsgnr
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by hdsgnr » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:53 pm

Andy2019 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:51 pm
I got an E-mail yesterday from Tipperary office.
""
I can confirm invitation for the upcoming ceremonies will issue shortly.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 3""
Thanks for sharing :)

sammyzoe
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:28 am

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by sammyzoe » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:10 pm

Hi Guys,
Can this be a generic message or does it mean my application hasn't been submitted to the minister? I applied since June 2019, I was sent a letter requesting more documentation in November which I did. I was expecting the application to be straightforward as a non-eu citizen married to an Irish citizen.
I sent an email last week requesting the status of my application, see response below:

Your application for naturalization is currently being processed in the
normal way with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory
conditions for the granting of naturalization and will be submitted to the
Minister for decision when processing is complete. As the processing
requirements and the time taken to complete the necessary checks vary from
case to case, it is not possible to indicate when a decision will be given
in respect of your application. While good progress has and continues to be
made in reducing the large volume of cases on hand, the nature of the
the naturalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons, some
cases will take longer than others to process

We will be in touch with you in relation to the application in due course.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 3
[/highlight]
[/i][/b]

Lifeisgood2020
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:26 am
Australia

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Lifeisgood2020 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:19 am

sammyzoe wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:10 pm
Hi Guys,
Can this be a generic message or does it mean my application hasn't been submitted to the minister? I applied since June 2019, I was sent a letter requesting more documentation in November which I did. I was expecting the application to be straightforward as a non-eu citizen married to an Irish citizen.
I sent an email last week requesting the status of my application, see response below:

Your application for naturalization is currently being processed in the
normal way with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory
conditions for the granting of naturalization and will be submitted to the
Minister for decision when processing is complete. As the processing
requirements and the time taken to complete the necessary checks vary from
case to case, it is not possible to indicate when a decision will be given
in respect of your application. While good progress has and continues to be
made in reducing the large volume of cases on hand, the nature of the
the naturalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons, some
cases will take longer than others to process

We will be in touch with you in relation to the application in due course.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 3
[/highlight]
[/i][/b]
I have received same reply after they sent me the second stage letter.

luckyfish1985
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:41 pm
India

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by luckyfish1985 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:51 am

Hi There,

This is a generic mail format and a saved verison from Team 3 dept., even same commos, pullstops.. etc

i got the same mail from last 4 times in 4 different months without a single word changes.

it really hurts to see the same mail again and again.

Thanks,
H

ahmad380
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:31 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by ahmad380 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:28 am

Hi,

I Applied in May 2018 for my Irish Naturalisation on Non-EU, Stamp 1-4 basis. I sent a letter 2 weeks ago to the Department regarding my status and last week I received a letter with the following reply.
The Delay in processing this file is regretted, however, it is the case when an application is submitted to the Minister. We are obliged to ensure that all relevant information is available to the Minster in order for him to make a fully informed decision. Your patience is appreciated in this matter.
Yours Sincerely,

CitizenShip - CMU4
28 January 2020
Can somebody please guide, does it mean that my file is with the Minster ? and what team is this 'CitizenShip - CMU4'?

Almost 3 weeks ago I received an email too which said that my Application is 'Continuous to be processed ' Does this latest reply mean that my application is moving forward, please guide?

Many Thanks.

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:18 pm
Ireland

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Mystica09 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:34 am

I emailed them last night inquiring about my daughter's application. We applied the same time last july 2019 and I got my approval last week.
This is their reply this morning


Dear

Your daughter will receive correspondence from this office in the coming days.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 3

                            Citizenship Info

                              Mail-In Query

Bealtaine
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:41 pm
Ireland

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Bealtaine » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:40 am

I applied in June 2019 and was told on the phone that I should make it to the ‘March ceremony’ in Dec 2019 when I called as all they’re apparently waiting on is for the Garda vetting.

Good character, no convictions, taxes always in and never claimed benefits.

Been told that it is still being processed so yes, I understand your frustration. Nothing can be done though and it is beyond our control. We have plans, want to travel without paying heft $ for visas but it truly is beyond our control. Really not being philosophical here but I agree with what someone posted in a timeline- what is ours will come our way and it truly is a waiting game.

I do appreciate some of you have been waiting years! My heart goes out to you!

The department is truly swamped and I’m glad they implemented the check list together with police clearance- it helps save them all this time if they’re waiting to hear back from other agencies that they outsource for info from other countries. It is a well-known fact that some ‘countries’ aren’t as quick to provide the information required.

Being completely neutral here in saying that patience truly is virtue and I too am learning the same!

Congrats to those who got their approvals xx

Lifeisgood2020
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:26 am
Australia

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by Lifeisgood2020 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:46 pm

I have just received the bellow message .

Invitations will issue shortly for the March ceremonies.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 3

I hope you all receive it soon. Best of luck.

Locked
cron