ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA Mother of Irish citizen wishes to move to Ireland.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Romantic123
Ireland

Non-EEA Mother of Irish citizen wishes to move to Ireland.

Post by Romantic123 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:10 am

I am an Irish born citizen of Ireland. My partner is living in the Philippines with our 15-month-old daughter. We have applied for an Irish passport for our daughter and are confident it will eventually be issued. Covid is the reason given for delays.
I am living on Social welfare and I know this makes getting a visa for my soon to be wife difficult.
Any advice on how she might be permitted to live here with her Irish daughter and me would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the forum for advice but not yet found any.

Romantic123
Ireland

Re: Non-EEA Mother of Irish citizen wishes to move to Ireland.

Post by Romantic123 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Update;
My daughter has been issued an Irish passport and we will apply for a visa for her mother to accompany her to Ireland.
I would appreciate any advice on what would be the best visa to apply for so that she can visit.
I hope and pray my, soon to be Filipino wife and mother of our daughter, will be able to extend her visa and eventually remain here with our daughter and me.
Thanks

Romantic123
Ireland

Re: Non-EEA Mother of Irish citizen wishes to move to Ireland.

Post by Romantic123 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:39 pm

It seems all the information I need is here.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Join+Family

I'm posting this for others in a similar situation