ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

on a 1 year stamp 4 visa do i need visa for spain

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

liam35
Newly Registered
Ireland

on a 1 year stamp 4 visa do i need visa for spain

Post by liam35 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:25 pm

hi all i have a few questions my girlfriend from( indonesia) just got her stamp 4 visa,( only after 7 mths) on parent to irish child,ok its for 1 year,and charged 300 euro (reptils) ok, can she go to uk with me ?or we need a visa iam also a resident in uk, second question can she go any where in the euro on this stamp 4 ?or do we need another visa?ok third question why did she only get a 1 year visa? our immigration officer could not tell me very much i have never met any thing so dam bad in my life im ashamed to be irish to think our immigration office is so bad and ran like a piss up in a brewer just like our goverment,and ive been all over the world and never been treated this bad thanks liam

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: on a 1 year stamp 4 visa do i need visa for spain

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:15 pm

If you accompany your wife and bring along your marriage certificate you can Travel to the UK whilst it is officially part of the EU and Travel to any other EU Coutry.

If you travel with her whilst on Stamp 4 check to see if she needs to apply for a Re-Entry Visa to enter Ireland on return but I may be wrong.

She won’t be able to travel alone on Stamp 4 visa so she’ll need to apply for Schengen.

Stamp 4 is temporary permission whilst awaiting a final decision. Usually 1 year Stamp 4 is issued so that’s normal. If the decision goes over the expiry of Stamp 4 be sure to apply for extension near the expiry time.

Nothing to be ashamed of. INIS are doing their work, politely or not. I suppose we are asking for a piece of the Irish life so we [the non-Irish] won’t necessarily be welcomed with open arms by INIS [not the Irish people].

All the best

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:26 am

What shpirtshqipe described is inaccurate. As your wife holds a normal Stamp 4 (as opposed to Stamp 4 EUFAM), she cannot travel visa free regardless of whether you accompany her to any EU countries.

This is documented clearly on Europa website https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... dex_en.htm

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:15 am

littlerr wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:26 am
What shpirtshqipe described is inaccurate. As your wife holds a normal Stamp 4 (as opposed to Stamp 4 EUFAM), she cannot travel visa free regardless of whether you accompany her to any EU countries.

This is documented clearly on Europa website https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... dex_en.htm
True about visa-free & Stamp 4

However, there’s nothing stopping your wife applying for a Schengen Visa to Spain and getting a Re-Entry Visa to Ireland whilst she’s on the Stamp 4