ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partners EU1 application refused on basis of dual citizen!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

lush

Re: Partners EU1 application refused on basis of dual citize

Post by lush » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:07 am

Oh Wonderful.

We are looking to move to Ireland.
Thanks Monife

lush

Post by lush » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:57 am

Hello again Monife,

really sorry for bothering you.

We are currently waiting to the decision on her UK spouse Visa
If the application gets denied. Is it possible for her to move to move for her to move to Ireland given that our daughter is British. Can our daughter exercise EU Treaty rights in Ireland? but as a minor can she bring her mum in?

In essense, what Im saying is that can she live in Ireland legally as a mother of a minor EU Citizen?

Or I have to move with them?

Thanks again.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:55 pm

It gets a lot more complicated when you apply through a minor or other dependent. You have to have sufficient resources to support yourself and health insurance. If your child is of school age, they need to be enrolled in school before your wife is eligible to live in Ireland, as far as I am aware.

I would advise you to read the Directive regarding the free movement of people in the EU and read the relevant parts thoroughly.

It has been a long time since we attempted an EU treaty rights application so I am afraid I cannot advise you too much as I simply do not remember.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

lush

Post by lush » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:39 am

Thanks Monife.