ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport applications: paused?!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saddleback
Israel

Passport applications: paused?!

Post by saddleback » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:53 am

Hello, I understand that all passport applications are paused atm. What should one do in case of a renewal? I still have until October on mine, so question is only medium to low urgency.

Thank you

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Passport applications: paused?!

Post by Vorona » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:53 am

Renewals and first time applications for passports will not be accepted during Level 5 lockdown.
October is a long time ahead. Check the entry requirements of the country you wanted to go to. Most countries will allow entry with 3 months or less left before expiration.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Passport applications: paused?!

Post by littlerr » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:13 pm

Next time remember to renew the passport 1 year before it expires.

Unless you need to travel to a country where your current passport validity is not sufficient, and that the purpose of your travel is related to a medical treatment or serious illness/death of your relatives, you won't be able to get a renewal until the country is back from Level 5, which we don't really know when. April or May might be more realistic.