ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

gabrielius
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:55 am
Mood:
Lithuania

Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by gabrielius » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:34 pm

Content of letter:
"I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for naturalisation.

Please find enclosed your current passport No. XXXXXXXX

If for any reason we require your passport again in the future we will contact you in writing

Please note that your application has not yet been fully processed. Applications are being processed in date order and your application number and receipt will issue in due course,

Yours sincerely,"

Anyone else encounter this? Seems a bit strange for them to send the application number and receipt later on...

Vorona
- thin ice -
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 pm
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by Vorona » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:39 pm

A lot. Just wait a couple of months.

gabrielius
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:55 am
Mood:
Lithuania

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by gabrielius » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Vorona wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:39 pm
A lot. Just wait a couple of months.
Yikes. It just doesn't make sense considering they have my passport details, so logically they should have an application number. Although organization is not their strong point...

Vorona
- thin ice -
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 pm
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by Vorona » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:52 pm

gabrielius wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:45 pm
Yikes. It just doesn't make sense considering they have my passport details, so logically they should have an application number.
Prepare yourself mentally for years of waiting, it will make it much, much easier for you. No jokes.

littlerr
Diamond Member
Posts: 1881
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 pm
China

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:10 pm

It has been like this since quite a while ago, even before COVID started. There was a period when people had to wait for months before getting their passport back due to Brexit.

With all the holdup due to COVID, Brexit and a delay of holding ceremonies, it makes even more sense for them to return all passports at the earliest point. They basically just check if your passport is genuine. Then make a copy of your passport and put it into your application. Your application has not been processed at this time.

An application number will be issued only when it is entered into their computer system. It might take a long time in the current climate.

zeej1
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:12 pm
Pakistan

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by zeej1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:09 am

gabrielius wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:34 pm
Content of letter:
"I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for naturalisation.

Please find enclosed your current passport No. XXXXXXXX

If for any reason we require your passport again in the future we will contact you in writing

Please note that your application has not yet been fully processed. Applications are being processed in date order and your application number and receipt will issue in due course,

Yours sincerely,"

Anyone else encounter this? Seems a bit strange for them to send the application number and receipt later on...
Hi gabrielius,

If you dont mind asking, when did you apply?

gabrielius
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:55 am
Mood:
Lithuania

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by gabrielius » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:00 am

zeej1 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:09 am
gabrielius wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:34 pm
Content of letter:
"I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for naturalisation.

Please find enclosed your current passport No. XXXXXXXX

If for any reason we require your passport again in the future we will contact you in writing

Please note that your application has not yet been fully processed. Applications are being processed in date order and your application number and receipt will issue in due course,

Yours sincerely,"

Anyone else encounter this? Seems a bit strange for them to send the application number and receipt later on...
Hi gabrielius,

If you dont mind asking, when did you apply?
7th of September.

NiallPP
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:29 am
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by NiallPP » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:34 am

Are there others with citizenship applications from Oct 2020 or earlier still waiting for passport return? Nothing here and I see in the timeline thread that applicants from Dec are now receiving passports back

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by raja.brit » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:05 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:34 am
Are there others with citizenship applications from Oct 2020 or earlier still waiting for passport return? Nothing here and I see in the timeline thread that applicants from Dec are now receiving passports back
Tell me about it. I applied December 14th, 2020 n I just saw someone who applied a week after me got Passport, Receipt and Acknowledgement.

Seems like its so random, ha.

NiallPP
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:29 am
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by NiallPP » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:10 pm

It's frustrating since applicants in the summer seemed to be getting passports back within a month. Very unlucky timing but i'm just hoping nothing gets lost with AnPost

alhakeem
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:29 am
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by alhakeem » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:01 pm

Moreover, before the backlog.. before covid, there was the court issue, at that time the rate of naturalisation per year was around seven thousands, when the court issue was solved we expected a higher rate to clear the backlog, like ten thousands or more, but this was not the case, and covid added to it.On the other hand the rate of applications is increasing yearly as is expected, adding more and more jamming of applications, so if they did not change their strategies, I am not sure if the backlog will be resolved and the minister might finish her term of four years leaving behind thousands of applications to be decided.For example there were around 3-4 thousands approved last year and started to have their certs now in a rate of ma be 500 every three weeks, so by the end of May the 4000 will be finished but meanwhile we did not see any new approvals, plus complete ignorance about the progress, no body knows anything about his application.I mean the department should higher more staff, as it is very tough work for only 62 persons who are working now in the department.

NiallPP
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:29 am
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by NiallPP » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:39 pm

Don't mind the overall delay to the process so much, it's understandable under the circumstances, it's just the delay in returning passports that is of most concern to me. Have anxiety about passport getting lost which would be a complete disaster for us.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 pm
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by Vorona » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:20 pm

4 months on average to get the passports returned, which means you will get yours soon.
I must have waited the longest, 5 months to be precise, and it was before Level 5 lockdown.

mrworld9
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by mrworld9 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm

I applied on December 23, 2020 and I just received my passports, receipt and acknowledgement letter this morning. I hope you don't have to waiting for too long.
raja.brit wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:05 pm
NiallPP wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:34 am
Are there others with citizenship applications from Oct 2020 or earlier still waiting for passport return? Nothing here and I see in the timeline thread that applicants from Dec are now receiving passports back
Tell me about it. I applied December 14th, 2020 n I just saw someone who applied a week after me got Passport, Receipt and Acknowledgement.

Seems like its so random, ha.

alhakeem
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:29 am
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by alhakeem » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:38 pm

alhakeem wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:01 pm
Moreover, before the backlog.. before covid, there was the court issue, at that time the rate of naturalisation per year was around seven thousands, when the court issue was solved we expected a higher rate to clear the backlog, like ten thousands or more, but this was not the case, and covid added to it.On the other hand the rate of applications is increasing yearly as is expected, adding more and more jamming of applications, so if they did not change their strategies, I am not sure if the backlog will be resolved and the minister might finish her term of four years leaving behind thousands of applications to be decided.For example there were around 3-4 thousands approved last year and started to have their certs now in a rate of ma be 500 every three weeks, so by the end of May the 4000 will be finished but meanwhile we did not see any new approvals, plus complete ignorance about the progress, no body knows anything about his application.I mean the department should hire more staff, as it is very tough work for only 62 persons who are working now in the department.

NiallPP
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:29 am
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by NiallPP » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:58 pm

Vorona wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:20 pm
4 months on average to get the passports returned, which means you will get yours soon.
I must have waited the longest, 5 months to be precise, and it was before Level 5 lockdown.
Do you have a source for that timeframe or are you estimating? Just looking at the timeline thread it seems like most people havent been waiting more than 3 months. It seems like like things were very slow in lockdown 1 but speeded up since as I guess the department has got used to the new way of working

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by raja.brit » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:03 pm

Apparently if you look at Citizenship Application 2020 timeline from October, Id say 4 months is an average estimation just based on the information in timeline.

I don't suppose there is any source. I was in fact projecting not to hear anything till April as I applied in Dec 2020.

Seems like my current projection is sooner as people who applied in Dec already getting Passports back.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 pm
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by Vorona » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:31 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:58 pm
Do you have a source for that timeframe or are you estimating? Just looking at the timeline thread it seems like most people havent been waiting more than 3 months.
NiallPP wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:34 am
Are there others with citizenship applications from Oct 2020

NiallPP
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:29 am
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by NiallPP » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:31 am

I don't follow your point? Just because i've experienced a 4 month wait that doesnt give any indication of the average timeframe.. indeed from my read of the thread it seems the turnaround is faster for most

Vorona
- thin ice -
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 pm
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by Vorona » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:25 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:31 am
I don't follow your point? Just because i've experienced a 4 month wait that doesnt give any indication of the average timeframe.. indeed from my read of the thread it seems the turnaround is faster for most
Very simple.
Just by checking the the last two pages I found 5 people who sent their application in October and reported receiving passports or address verification in February:

Rusty_Soul, Moh25ah, etubr, ava_l, IronMan15

If it doesn't give you any indication, then you're welcome to share results of your research.

NiallPP
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:29 am
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by NiallPP » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:55 pm

Well this is why I asked if there was anyone else still waiting from October or earlier...

Vorona
- thin ice -
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 pm
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by Vorona » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:03 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:55 pm
Well this is why I asked if there was anyone else still waiting from October or earlier...
February is not over yet.
I can't speculate on your understanding of what "earlier" is. I simply looked at the reports in the timelines thread and extracted those. Taking the current climate into account, comparing reports from October applications to other months doesn't make any sense to me. I've asked you to proof otherwise since you said that you've checked the timelines.

NiallPP
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:29 am
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by NiallPP » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:26 pm

Thanks for your input but i'm just looking to see if others are in the same situation

NiallPP
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:29 am
Ireland

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by NiallPP » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:18 pm

Happy to say passport and receipt/application number letter finally arrived yesterday, can only hope that the rest of the process goes as swiftly and smoothly as it has for some members here.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm
Jamaica

Re: Passport returned with accompanying letter, but no receipt or application number?

Post by raja.brit » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:25 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:18 pm
Happy to say passport and receipt/application number letter finally arrived yesterday, can only hope that the rest of the process goes as swiftly and smoothly as it has for some members here.
Im delighted!

Locked
cron