Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police clearance certificate required

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
masterboy123
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 pm
Hungary

Police clearance certificate required

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi,

The citizenship office is requesting police clearance certificate, which fortunately I have :lol:

I am wondering if I need to send the original certificate or a photocopy?

Anyone sent it recently? :?:

zaza7625
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Georgia

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:42 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi,

The citizenship office is requesting police clearance certificate, which fortunately I have :lol:

I am wondering if I need to send the original certificate or a photocopy?

Anyone sent it recently? :?:
hi. Where did you get the police clearance certificate. I am just wondering if the same i would be required. Thanks

masterboy123
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 pm
Hungary

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:53 pm

I got it from the EU country where I was living in the past.
zaza7625 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:42 pm
masterboy123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi,

The citizenship office is requesting police clearance certificate, which fortunately I have :lol:

I am wondering if I need to send the original certificate or a photocopy?

Anyone sent it recently? :?:
hi. Where did you get the police clearance certificate. I am just wondering if the same i would be required. Thanks

Finepaddy
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:46 pm
Ireland

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Few months back they ask me police clearance certificate with different matter but when I provide one they said they cant verified from other countries so it doesn't matter if its original or copy and this is true they have no way to check the authenticity of police clearance cert but still they keep ask to cover them.

masterboy123
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 pm
Hungary

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Mine is in another EU language and I have official translation with stamps attached to it.

I will send them original cert and request them to return it back to me.
Finepaddy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 pm
Few months back they ask me police clearance certificate with different matter but when I provide one they said they cant verified from other countries so it doesn't matter if its original or copy and this is true they have no way to check the authenticity of police clearance cert but still they keep ask to cover them.

Enigma123
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:56 am
Ireland

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by Enigma123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 am

They asked the exact same thing from me.Police Clarence certificate from home country.
My question is that I moved to Ireland in 2013 and I have the police Clarence certificate from 2013 from my home country. I don’t think so I need updated certificate as I have been living in Ireland since ? I am going to send attested copy of police certificate that I got in 2013 from my home country. Hope that will be ok?

masterboy123
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 pm
Hungary

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:02 am

I have the police cert from 2013 also. I am going to submit that as I didn't live in that country after 2013. Hope it turns out to be ok
Enigma123 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 am
They asked the exact same thing from me.Police Clarence certificate from home country.
My question is that I moved to Ireland in 2013 and I have the police Clarence certificate from 2013 from my home country. I don’t think so I need updated certificate as I have been living in Ireland since ? I am going to send attested copy of police certificate that I got in 2013 from my home country. Hope that will be ok?

zaza7625
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Georgia

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by zaza7625 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:21 am

masterboy123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 pm
Mine is in another EU language and I have official translation with stamps attached to it.

I will send them original cert and request them to return it back to me.
Finepaddy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 pm
Few months back they ask me police clearance certificate with different matter but when I provide one they said they cant verified from other countries so it doesn't matter if its original or copy and this is true they have no way to check the authenticity of police clearance cert but still they keep ask to cover them.
i read at citizeninformation website that police clearance certificates being issued here as well, so my question is, do they need that certificate from my country or from ireland?

littlerr
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 pm
China

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 am

masterboy123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 pm
Mine is in another EU language and I have official translation with stamps attached to it.

I will send them original cert and request them to return it back to me.
Finepaddy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 pm
Few months back they ask me police clearance certificate with different matter but when I provide one they said they cant verified from other countries so it doesn't matter if its original or copy and this is true they have no way to check the authenticity of police clearance cert but still they keep ask to cover them.
Per INIS website:

Retention of documents
We will not return any documents that you submit with your application to you. We keep them to preserve the integrity of your file.
If you submit an original document, make a copy of it for your own records first.

Enigma123
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:56 am
Ireland

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by Enigma123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:25 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 pm
Mine is in another EU language and I have official translation with stamps attached to it.

I will send them original cert and request them to return it back to me.
Finepaddy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 pm
Few months back they ask me police clearance certificate with different matter but when I provide one they said they cant verified from other countries so it doesn't matter if its original or copy and this is true they have no way to check the authenticity of police clearance cert but still they keep ask to cover them.
I might just send original certificate as the letter says to send certificate. No mention of attested copy so I guess they want the original certificate. I hope that certificate from 2013 will be ok? As I have been in Ireland since

001
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am
Ireland

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by 001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 am
masterboy123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 pm
Mine is in another EU language and I have official translation with stamps attached to it.

I will send them original cert and request them to return it back to me.
Finepaddy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 pm
Few months back they ask me police clearance certificate with different matter but when I provide one they said they cant verified from other countries so it doesn't matter if its original or copy and this is true they have no way to check the authenticity of police clearance cert but still they keep ask to cover them.
Per INIS website:

Retention of documents
We will not return any documents that you submit with your application to you. We keep them to preserve the integrity of your file.
If you submit an original document, make a copy of it for your own records first.
For original official documents like birth certificates, marriage licences, and anything with an embossed seal/stamp. It is customary to have a notary create a certified copy for you to submit. We used Orca Print, next to the INIS offices in Dublin, for this. They are very experienced and knowledgeable about the application requirements and they do not charge solicitor fees.

Post Reply
cron