ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police clearances US

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

astronamy7
Newly Registered
Ireland

Police clearances US

Post by astronamy7 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:06 am

Hi,
I'm a US citizen and applied for Irish citizenship in January based on being a spouse of an Irish citizen. I'm curious if they ask everybody for a police clearance? If so I want to get them lined up ahead of time so I'm ready to go if/when they ask for it, but from what I saw in other posts it seems fairly random whether they ask for one or not? If any other US citizens have been asked for one, did they want one from all states you've lived in and federal as well? Thanks.

lolo82
Canada

Re: Police clearances US

Post by lolo82 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:25 pm

I would get it and send it. I was asked for it after I sent my application.

I'm Canadian and was asked for the clearance from both Canada and Greece (I lived in Greece for 5 months).

I wish I had known they would ask before i sent my application.

Worst case, you get it and don't need it :D

SGTM
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by SGTM » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:40 pm

It's better you have the police clearance certificate from all the countries you have lived in the past as they are going to ask for it once you submit your application. In my case Im non eu national have been living in multiple eu countries over the last 10 years also application based on spouse of Irish CITIZEN. WHOLE processing time is a joke but hey nothing wrong being ahead is there?

astronamy7
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by astronamy7 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Thanks guys, think I will work on getting them now. I wish they would ask for this stuff up front instead of after we've submitted everything!