ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Polish citizen living in Ireland and Non-EEA girlfriend

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

artlemaks
Newly Registered
Poland

Polish citizen living in Ireland and Non-EEA girlfriend

Post by artlemaks » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:30 am

Hello,
I am a Polish citizen living and working in Ireland. I have been here for the last 13 years but haven't applied for an Irish citizenship just yet. At the start of this year, I met an Australian girl. We established a very strong connection immediately and in July she came over to Europe for 2 months. It was at this stage we decided to formally start a relationship. We have decided that she will come to live over here within the next 9 months. Since meeting each other, we have talked on daily basis, be it text messages, phone calls or video calls as any normal relationship does. We have traveled together while she was in Europe and are planning my spending Christmas with her family in Australia.

Unfortunately she is not eligible for the working holiday visa as she is over 30 (33). Her work is not listed on the skilled working visa either (interior designer/draftsperson).

What are the other options that we can look at? Getting married is currently not an option as its still an early stage.

I am self-employed, if maybe there is an approach that we can take from that side?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Polish citizen living in Ireland and Non-EEA girlfriend

Post by yala93 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately they are no options at the moment rather than to get married. If you would live together in Ireland for 4 yrs you could apply for EU treaty (you can read on INIS website about it and conditions to apply). Since it is not the case, the only thing is to get married or she gets a job here on job permit.

Good luck :)

Casa

Re: Polish citizen living in Ireland and Non-EEA girlfriend

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 pm

artlemaks wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:30 am
Hello,
I am a Polish citizen living and working in Ireland. I have been here for the last 13 years but haven't applied for an Irish citizenship just yet. At the start of this year, I met an Australian girl. We established a very strong connection immediately and in July she came over to Europe for 2 months. It was at this stage we decided to formally start a relationship. We have decided that she will come to live over here within the next 9 months. Since meeting each other, we have talked on daily basis, be it text messages, phone calls or video calls as any normal relationship does. We have traveled together while she was in Europe and are planning my spending Christmas with her family in Australia.

Unfortunately she is not eligible for the working holiday visa as she is over 30 (33). Her work is not listed on the skilled working visa either (interior designer/draftsperson).

What are the other options that we can look at? Getting married is currently not an option as its still an early stage.

I am self-employed, if maybe there is an approach that we can take from that side?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
You mention your girlfriend's intention to live in Ireland. Are you aware that even as a non-visa national she is still subject to immigration control and can only spend a maximum of 90 days as a visitor to Ireland :?: :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.