Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proofs of ‘each’ year of residence claimed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pwchwh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Proofs of ‘each’ year of residence claimed

Post by pwchwh » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:28 pm

Hello,

I am wondering if my understanding is correct in relation to the proofs of residence of ‘each’ year claimed.

So, if I received a stamp 4 on 31 March 2016 and were to apply for citizenship as the spouse of an Irish citizen after coming March, my 3 years’ residnece runs:

Year 1 - 31 March 2016 to 30 March 2017
Year 2 - 31 March 2017 to 30 March 2018
Year 3 - 31 March 2018 to 30 March 2019

Therefore, I need three differents proofs of residence for the Year 1, another three for thr Year 2, and also three for the Year 3 (9 proofs in total)-this is my understanding.

Reading some other posts here, however, I have noticed that some people have a different interpretation in this regard, which is I have to submit 12 different proofs in total (3 for the ‘Calendar’ Year 2016, 3 for 2017, 3 for 2018, and 3 for 2019, EXCLUDING the additional three proofs of residence for both me and my spouse for the 3 months immediately before my application).

Could anyone here please advise me on this (which interpretation is correct)? Thank you very much for your help.. Happy New Year!

Alixlboy
Ireland

Re: Proofs of ‘each’ year of residence claimed

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi,
When I submitted my application, I also submitted 3 proofs of my current address, just to be on the safe side, even though I had enclosed 3 proofs for the same year, but for a different address. I think being careful is the only way to ensure that you get yours second stage letter ASAP.