ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Q&A for citizenship ceremony day

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Q&A for citizenship ceremony day

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Just curious if anyone here has any comments/recommendations etc for the ceremony day?

Let me start with some questions (and answers that I found).

Q: What's the parking capacity in Killarney Convention Centre?
A: There's around 800 parking spaces. There will be around 8000 people attending the ceremony (3000 applicants plus 5000 other people including applicants' families, government staff and event staff). Parking spaces are on a first-come-first-served basis. I think it would make more sense if you can park your car in a hotel nearby, or use public transport.

Q: What if I have special needs requirement?
A: The only way is to email citizenshipinfo@justice.ie. The venue staff cannot accommodate you directly.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Q&A for citizenship ceremony day

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:42 pm

My first question: What is the whole process like and how long does it actually take from start to finish?

Larysa
Ukraine

Post by Larysa » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:26 pm

My ceremony was 26th November 2018 at 10.00. i came at 8.00 or 8.30, not remember, parking was empty, maybe 5% full, ceremony was about 1,5 hour, and after it was terrible on the parking :) were thousands cars, but there were lots people on parking, they will help. So if your ceremony after 10.00 you will have no space on parking area and few km around.

Larysa
Ukraine

Post by Larysa » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:29 pm

If you have a guest with you, you will be appart. It will be 2 queues, for naturalization people and other for guests. And you will seat appart from your guest. Before starting ceremony will be many tables, you have to go to your table with number on invitation, they will give you certificate before ceremony.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Larysa wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:29 pm
If you have a guest with you, you will be appart. It will be 2 queues, for naturalization people and other for guests. And you will seat appart from your guest. Before starting ceremony will be many tables, you have to go to your table with number on invitation, they will give you certificate before ceremony.
Thank you Larysa! Much appreciated. We will park our car in the hotel and walk to the venue then!

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:27 am

Im in for the 12:45 ceremony, my parents will drop me there then head out and come back later to pick me up

Hopefully it goes all fine for us, bit nervous in big crowd of people 🙊