ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Critical Skills Permit and Stamp 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kartiklal17
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Question about Critical Skills Permit and Stamp 1

Post by kartiklal17 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:38 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently on a Stamp 1G visa and am looking to move to Stamp 1.I applied for a CSEP that was approved earlier today.

My question is around applying for a new residence permit and how to go about that? My current residence permit is expiring soon and I'm slightly confused about the process now.

Also, my new job doesn't start till Dec 13 and I was wondering if I could travel abroad during this period? If I show the CSEP to the immigration officer on my return, will that be enough?

Thanks for your help!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Question about Critical Skills Permit and Stamp 1

Post by meself2 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:53 pm

kartiklal17 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:38 pm
My question is around applying for a new residence permit and how to go about that? My current residence permit is expiring soon and I'm slightly confused about the process now.
You apply (via online renewal if you're in Dublin/through Garda station if not) to get a Stamp 1 IRP from ISD. See here https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... ts-needed/ for the documents needed.
kartiklal17 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:38 pm
Also, my new job doesn't start till Dec 13 and I was wondering if I could travel abroad during this period? If I show the CSEP to the immigration officer on my return, will that be enough?
I would say no, as CSEP isn't a travel document in any capacity, but that's my assumption. Also, airlines will not understand what is that -> they won't let you on a plane to Ireland if you don't have a visa/IRP. If you need to travel urgently, you can try to apply for an emergency re-entry visa, but I'd say it might be faster and safer to get your IRP first.

Apply now and you should get your IRP in about a month, if online (hopefully, but we all know how it's like), around your job start. If your current IRP expires in the meantime - you're fine provided you're applied for renewal, but you won't be let back in on an expired IRP.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

nmurph
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by nmurph » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:35 pm

You should be fine to enter with the CSEP as long as you have a valid, in date IRP. If it is expiring, you will want to apply for a renewal. It will be to their discretion on whether they give you the stamp 1 as you’re not starting until mid December, but I don’t see that being an issue since you have the valid work permit and it’s not too far off. If you are not able to renew it prior to traveling, any correspondence with the information that you have an appointment or are are in the process of renewal should be adequate, but just make sure you applied for renewal like yesterday if you haven’t already 👍🏻

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:46 pm

nmurph wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:35 pm
It will be to their discretion on whether they give you the stamp 1 as you’re not starting until mid December,
Honestly, it's mid-November, so I'd expect with their timelines OP will get their IRP just by the time their job starts.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

kartiklal17
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kartiklal17 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:27 pm

Thanks everyone for the help so far!

I live in Dublin, so would I need to apply online using the following link?

https://inisonline.jahs.ie/home

And do I use the Registration Renewal link here even though it is not strictly a renewal as I'm going from 1G to Stamp 1?

And finally, for the documents would a copy of my passport and the Employment Permit suffice or is there anything else I need?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:36 pm

kartiklal17 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:27 pm

And do I use the Registration Renewal link here even though it is not strictly a renewal as I'm going from 1G to Stamp 1?

And finally, for the documents would a copy of my passport and the Employment Permit suffice or is there anything else I need?
Link is right. Apply for renewal even though it's a change of stamp, just select stamp 1 when prompted.

That's what ISD site says for documents, so you should be grand. You'll also have to get your old permit copy on the site, but wouldn't expect it to be an issue for you.

kartiklal17
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kartiklal17 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:08 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:36 pm
kartiklal17 wrote:

Link is right. Apply for renewal even though it's a change of stamp, just select stamp 1 when prompted.

That's what ISD site says for documents, so you should be grand. You'll also have to get your old permit copy on the site, but wouldn't expect it to be an issue for you.
Thank you!

I'm trying to upload the documents but keep getting this error. Am I doing something wrong is it just the website acting funny?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:18 pm

kartiklal17 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:08 pm
meself2 wrote:
kartiklal17 wrote:

Thank you!

I'm trying to upload the documents but keep getting this error. Am I doing something wrong is it just the website acting funny?

It's the site.
Try incognito window/hard refresh (Ctrl + F5)/different device/tomorrow.

kartiklal17
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kartiklal17 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:25 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:18 pm
kartiklal17 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:08 pm
meself2 wrote:
kartiklal17 wrote:

Thank you!

It's the site.
Try incognito window/hard refresh (Ctrl + F5)/different device/tomorrow.
Tried incognito/different browsers/devices still the same issue.

Will try again tomorrow.